The World better get ready

Your link isn't working, but I believe that they don't have the technology to make a plane that can take-off/land on a carrier. Also, if I remember correctly, this carrier was purchased from the Russians as an unfinished project. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Your link isn't working, but I believe that they don't have the technology to make a plane that can take-off/land on a carrier. Also, if I remember correctly, this carrier was purchased from the Russians as an unfinished project. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I fixed the link . did you know china has the largest army in the world and getting larger every day. 2,250,000 strong!

Not to be political, but only 1% of the U.S. is currently serving in the military.
And China owns the majority of our debt. Bascially they hold our loans. So, in a nut shell, yes, we fund them. Plus all the crap made there that we buy.
Check this out, go to the grocery store and look for the Del Monte "Fruit Naturals" snacks in the cold section. They are little cups with 100% fruit in juice. Little clear cups. Check out where they're made. Yep, China. Freaking Del Monte fruit snacks are made in China!!!

landing-fn.jpg

littlebill,
The industrialization of food processing, improvements on refrigerated shipping and labor costs say most of your food will come from outside of the US. Don't be surprized.
Simple fact, most are too lazy to do anything but holler and howl...............

Damn Travis it is hard to stop.
Per your wish I will.

littlebill,
The industrialization of food processing, improvements on refrigerated shipping and labor costs say most of your food will come from outside of the US. Don't be surprized.
Simple fact, most are too lazy to do anything but holler and howl...............

Damn Travis it is hard to stop.
Per your wish I will.

I'm really not surprised though. I have a BS in Production Agriculture and have seen some crazy stuff, but it still just amazes me. I did a internship at a local sheep farm one summer. The owner shipped his fibers, after shearing, to Massachusetts for them to be cleaned, then they went to New Hampshire for partial processing, then to Pennsylvania to be turned into hanks of yarn, then back to him for sale. It cut the cost in half by doing this instead of paying local processors.
I also work part-time at a tackle shop in Delaware. It is cheaper for us to ship nightcrawlers from Canada to Delaware then to buy them locally. Literally 20 minutes away cost twice as much.
Just crazy.

We associate China with junk, but in fact the junk we see from them is made to the specifications we present them with. They can produce whatever you want, right up to the highest quality stuff.

The stuff we do see from them that isn't junk we sort of suppress in our minds in denial :) For example everything Apple sells, thanks to Saint Jobs :D

We associate China with junk, but in fact the junk we see from them is made to the specifications we present them with. They can produce whatever you want, right up to the highest quality stuff.

Yep. "You only want 1/32 inch thickness for your fake leather uppers, one dip in the dye, and only a single stitch?. No problem Mr. Nike."

i realise whats been said about china,,,, butttttt, if we all went back to our local engineering store/workshop or specialized motorcycle parts shops,, then we would all be riding new bikes,, and alot of stuff purchased ,made in china,, is good,,,it does the job we need it to,,,,,i,ve already been told by my wimmera bike shop,,, oh,,,, its 30 plus years old.. maybe its time toooo get something more modern,,, which is why i don,t deal with them ,,,regards oldbiker

Yep. "You only want 1/32 inch thickness for your fake leather uppers, one dip in the dye, and only a single stitch?. No problem Mr. Nike."

Exactly. But I heard, and this was fifteen years ago, that they would try to fudge it themselves if you weren't looking over their shoulders. It's probably different now. But the point is they could do good work if they wanted...

About 15 yrs ago I worked at a place that had a little circuit board made there. We (my superiors) priced it different ways and ended up getting everything directly from China. The components that went on the board were much cheaper if you bought the whole thing from the ppl in China as a package deal - they charged you much less for components than you could buy them yourself for. Almost a freebie. The Chinese company bought the components from themselves, essentially. :) I think that was standard.

Last edited:
hi guys ,,,just a foot note,,, as i,m always looking on google for something,,,, look up viper 250cc motorcycle... it looks sweet.. regards oldbiker

hi guys ,,,just a foot note,,, as i,m always looking on google for something,,,, look up viper 250cc motorcycle... it looks sweet.. regards oldbiker

I went to utube to see the viper 250cc motorcycle its a tryke and it looks cool but it sounds like it goin to fall apart . top speed flat ground 50 mph :shrug:

The majority of people in the US want everything as cheaply as possible and couldn't give a rat's ass where the products they buy come from, the conditions under which they were made, or whether they are even safe for consumption.

I fear the repercussions of our dependency on China, and do everything I can to avoid buying Chinese products. I also go one step further to support American businesses selling products made here and I buy from local farmers and the hard working people of my own community whenever feasible. It's not that hard to do, and who better to support than your own neighbors and countrymen?

My advice to people would be to buy 2nd hand, ebay, goodwill, pawn shop, flea market,... and save 75% over new prices of stuff from even China. I can't remember the last thing I bought that wasn't 2nd hand.

Often you will have to fix the thing you buy when you get it home, but we live for that, right :)

But as a movement, before it could have any effect they'd make 2nd hand things illegal. For our own good.

Roller ball Corperate wars the rust belt is all over gready people I will call it a boat they sold the sandiago cal. missle plant to them :doh::doh::doh:

hi guys,,,, i,ve gotten back my confidence again NOW today,,, last night i watched on my local tv station a 1 hr,,, show about the ronald regan aircraft carrier... nuc. powered,,, 6000 sailors on board.. great galley,,, kitchen ,,, ,,, australia needs 1 as well ,, ,,, apparently they were putting sailors in it 2years before it was finished so they could spec... what they really wanted and needed to work properly for them... and not by a designer.. regards oldbiker

Back