The young generation.

Sounds like you have an over active thyroid, that'll keep you thin, I'm the opposite, I have an underactive thyroid, so have to watch what I eat now.
I didn't know that, thanks. I never really had any complaint about it, but I do know now it isn't an excessive testosterone level, for I would have gotten fat these past five years.
'TT'

Well, there you go: Get a testosterone shot and get a fat.
You can get meds if you have low thyroid function, not sure about the other way.
I personally wouldn't worry about an overly active thyroid function, it means you can eat as much as you like, I really like eating, a lot!

120lb at 5'9", that's light.
I was 70kgs (154lb) at 5'7" when I was a young bloke and I used to get called skinny. In my 30s and 40s I ate like a pig, took up body building and managed to get to 83/84kgs, but could never get any higher (never considered steroids). I'm 80kg now and don't let my weight exceed 80. I have a bit of a stomach, but certainly not fat.

120lb at 5'9", that's light.
I was 70kgs (154lb) at 5'7" when I was a young bloke and I used to get called skinny. In my 30s and 40s I ate like a pig, took up body building and managed to get to 83/84kgs, but could never get any higher (never considered steroids). I'm 80kg now and don't let my weight exceed 80. I have a bit of a stomach, but certainly not fat.
I was a long-distance runner in High School, and my weight peaked at 129 lbs. when I was 19. I have always been athletic, ATB riding, hiking, and backpacking, mainly outdoors activities. My appetite lessens when I get inactive, so the weight has always remained stable. I have never known any fatty tissue and pinching my stomach will render nothing but skin to skin (ouch). I had good muscle tone, but always had a problem with force, if needing to move heavy objects. Luckily, I never hurt my back by lifting, but did suffer a soccer (British Football) injury to the ligaments in my left shoulder in the 10th grade. On the lighter side, I once had a Kawasaki 1000 dresser I couldn't get off the center stand, so it sat in the parking lot until I sold it.
'TT'

BUMP- What can we say about skinny people?
I am five nine and 120 soaking wet. I can stand up and hop on a kick-starter and without it budging. And I can prove it any day I so desire. I guess I must have some problem about eating, because I can binge and eat and continue and never gain a pound. I know pizza after pizza, bread loaf and more, cake and pastry, eggs and bacon, there is no bottom to it. It just seems to run right through, and it is never irregular. Is it a blessing? Possibly until I begin desiring the Goldwing and other heavy bikes, which put me in a totally disadvantageous situation. I don't like going to beaches either, where I feel conspicuously as though I just came out of a concentration camp, similar to General Wainwright standing next to MacArthur after all was said and done. "Gee you are skinny!" makes me bristle and I feel so lucky no comers ever took up the offer to fight on the spot, at least for that reason. Insults can be cruel without some people realizing it, but "fat boys and fat girls" will always hold a special place in the heart of this skinny boy!
'TT'

One of the problems with being able to eat your self sily without getting fat and eating all those nice sweet things and pizza's is the misconception that only fat people develop diabetes.........

If you aren't a young, single man, you've got no business paying any attention to what the girls at the mall look like, and you might find that out the hard way!

One of the problems with being able to eat your self sily without getting fat and eating all those nice sweet things and pizza's is the misconception that only fat people develop diabetes.........
I do take note of that fact have seldom grunged out on sweets, but breads and meat and dairy products I could eat myself out of house and home. I can't afford my appetite so I do moderate. I wouldn't call me a health nut by any measure, but I am conscious of what I do. Thanks, Skull.

If you aren't a young, single man, you've got no business paying any attention to what the girls at the mall look like, and you might find that out the hard way!
Nope, I began shying away in my late twenties. My active days are over now, hence my testosterone comment. If it had been excessive early on causing the skinniness, by now with virtually none, I should have gained weight.
'TT'

I can attest to that, I've never been fat, but I am diabetic. Of course we are disagreeing with our once esteemed leader, John Howard, that fat people only pick up diabetes. A most intelligent man he was!

Last edited:
I've always found women attractive, even though I'm over the hill, I still look. These days it's perfectly acceptable for bLokes not being attracted to women, so you enjoy yourself. I'll stick to looking at the women though!!

I wasn't talking about women. I was talking about society's reaction to dirty old men at the mall :)
Societies or yours?
Nothing wrong with appreciating women, it's normal.
Most men appreciate women.
Only the strange ones don't!
Just as a matter of interest, how long are you going to continue with your crusade?

Last edited:
how long are you going to continue with your crusade?
Thank you. Until hard-working families are free from fear and want. Until the world is safe for democracy. Until people are free to worship God in their own way at the time of their choosing. Until humanity can sleep safely in their beds with the knowledge that there is no more night!

Now isn't this funny, I'm the only one not getting upset. Hahahahahahaha!

Another beauty, compliments of Skull.

Attachments

• motorcycle-rally-sturgis-united-states-shutterstock-editorial-10744921m.jpg
    motorcycle-rally-sturgis-united-states-shutterstock-editorial-10744921m.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 53
Back