There! Finally I'm back!

ProSimex

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Not that anyone missed me I'm sure, but for the past few months Ive been unable to log in. Tried the password re-set on a dozen occasions and now finally I can log in again...

What did I miss, are we still hating Harley riders? Or are they cool now...

I kid cus I care

Things have been progressing steadily for me and my 74. I bought a timing light and proper feeler gauges and now feel really comfortable in the tune up part of my bike. I've got a HHB PMA sitting next to me here just waiting for a OEM puller to come in the mail from a buddy. And somewhere out there in post land there are 2 brand spanking new VM34's slowly making their way through the border to me. I've been tinkering and fooling about incessantly since spring time, and every weekend my bike just seems a little better. I have to admit though that my cam chain is most likely at the end of its useful l life and this winter is gonna be tear down time. I haven't done a compression test but can only imagine that its not at the top of its game.

A new ticking sound has emerged from the bottom RH case that gets noticeable once everything is warmed up, and I think my clutch is in need of some love since I stupidly rode around for a few days without checking its adjustment. I'm an idiot for letting that slide but oh well I guess that's just a good excuse to make MikesXS a little richer.

She's got a stumble around 5,000rpm that I've improved on but have not yet ironed out, and she isn't much interested on going more then 85mph. I figure a new cam chain and freshly honed cylinders will sort that out, but I might just go whole hog and drop in a 750cc kit.
I've been pondering putting the XSperformance shorty reverse megaphone cans that I ran last year back on. The gorgeous ones I got from my buddy Loco Leon are a tad restrictive and quiet.

I dunno, I'm just rambling at this point. Its good to be back.

Unable to log in!?! You should have sent and email to admin@xs650.com (found by clicking 'About Us' in the top navigation bar) and I would have taken care of it. Anyway, glad to have you back!

Ah, I just dug up the email... I gave you a new password directly in the email and said to change it once you log in.

If you use the password reset tool multiple times, only the last one will work. Maybe you clicked that another time before reading my email, so the password I sent you would no longer work?

Anyway, glad you're back. If you or anyone else ever has problems with your account, please email me at admin@xs650.com :thumbsup:

Welcome back Ottawa; won't hold your address against you! There seems be be a fairly healthy contingent of Canucks on this site. I am just across the Rouge from the big smoke

Well new carbs came in the mail, to my mothers house for some reason? What ever, I was all pumped to wrench all weekend and have a time when I get a call from my wife, her mom is dying. So hammer home from hamilton, and now everything is in crisis mode. Everything is on the backburner now.

Back