this is BS!!!!

stunter6912

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
so the bike ran great yesterday!!! had to put a new clutch cable on and it started to drizzle. put the bike in and went to sleep. took the bike out the morning to go to work checked my battery and its ok. kicked it over and it started but nothing would turn it off. and the points covers were super hot. pulled the pamco cover off and guess what BLOWN!!! second one. I did nothing at all except the cable why would the pamco blow:wtf:

I've spent all my money on this bike and a shit load of time. so its a 81 xs650S good motor, PMA, hardtailed, forks are good, brand new Springer seat, chopper headlight.... $2000.00 OBO

That's kinda how I feel about my rock crawler. Except that when something breaks on it, it usually costs me $1000+. I've been trying to sell it for a year.

It does seem like the cooler your toys are, the more they cost you. mriggs has that thing with the Ford Igniton module and GM coil I'm probably gonna try out. I love re-CYCLING!

If you blew 2 pamcos already you should prob go through your wiring and check for problems, frayed or damaged wires, etc...

Did you leave your key on? The Pamco will blow if it has electricity supplied to it when its not running for more than a few minutes.

In that case what it comes down to is your wiring is fucked. If it was me, I would just make another harness from the regulator on. It only takes a few hours at most and wire is cheap. MAKE SURE to use schematics from a good source, like on this board. Unless you have a very good understanding of electrical engineering don't try to wing it or make any shortcuts or this will simply happen again.

all I run is headlight, tail light and ignition. kick only... everything is wired into a fuse panel in my electronics box. toggle switch for ignition. and lights!!

What size fuses you running?

You certain you have everything grounded correctly?

Are you running a battery?

Run the neg lead off the reg to neg battery, then run a ground strap from the neg terminal on the battery to the frame somewhere.

Back