This is Why I Don't Drive in the City

Bring a friend along.

thaimotorcycleshotgunrider.jpg

Although the strategy of appearing to be a Mad Max-inspired, "I'm Going To Be Your Worst Nightmare If You F--K With Me" character might get folks to back off, it might also distract a few drivers.

mad-max-2-2.jpg

I am, however, considering attaching one of those marvelous wrist-mounted projectiles, to be used at choice moments when someone really pisses me off on the road...

3690209a553e1b0fc27babec35fe0334.jpg

I'm still fuming about such a situation that happened a few days ago......

All seriousness aside, look up that recent car crash video from Stockton for an example of what can happen real quick.

All seriousness aside, look up that recent car crash video from Stockton for an example of what can happen real quick.
All humor aside, I imagine you're talking about the door-kicking incident.
My friends and I did that a couple times way back in my youth on our choppers.
Gave up that strategy; too much potential for road rage.

^I haven't heard of that one. There's a girl drunk girl who wrecked her car and her little sister is dead on the ground with her head split down the middle like she was hit with an axe. The startling part is she's so alcoholic she's going on in a defiant voice about how much she loves her little sister.

^I haven't heard of that one. There's a girl drunk girl who wrecked her car and her little sister is dead on the ground with her head split down the middle like she was hit with an axe. The startling part is she's so alcoholic she's going on in a defiant voice about how much she loves her little sister.
Is this the one where she live streamed and crashed while drunk?

Saw that. Disgusting.

It drives home how dead you can be, and just a second after you were doing fine.

Jesus, I just found that video of the girl and that just makes my insides twisted... I'm only 33, but def remember the "good ol days"!!! I don't ride much lately, but I ride with the simple mentality that I'm invisible and silent. People don't hear or see me, so I try to react accordingly.

So here's a REALLY nice thing to incorporate if possible: a deceleration brake light. It sense negative chances in velocity and lights up accordingly. I have an Ohmics unit: http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/ohmics-brake-light-review/ but there are more easily integrated units from Volo on Amazon: http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/ohmics-brake-light-review/

The ultimate one is this: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/admo...ogressive-turn-signals-smart-brake-technology

Nice units for people to consider. Even if it only gives the driver a fraction of a second more notice, that could be the difference between walking away and being carried off...

Last edited:
I have something similar on the rear of my helmet. View attachment 103406

Hi 'fred,
the video sez the average car driver can't see you and your bike altogether unless you are weaving about all over the road.
I doubt that he'd notice your finger of scorn helmet decal until after it impacted his windshield.
What the video DON'T mention is that an oncoming bike is small enough that it fits in your eye's blind spot.
So it's not that the motorist isn't looking, it's that you can't be seen until you are real close or are weaving about.
Yet another reason that sidecars are safer, they are big enough to see.

I doubt that he'd notice your finger of scorn helmet decal until after it impacted his windshield.

Dunno. It's white. One time I was driving down the open road and something tiny and white several miles ahead caught my eye . Couldn't understand what it was until i got closer. It was a helmet. From then on it was white helmets for me.

Hi 'fred,
the video sez the average car driver can't see you and your bike altogether unless you are weaving about all over the road.
What the video DON'T mention is that an oncoming bike is small enough that it fits in your eye's blind spot.
So it's not that the motorist isn't looking, it's that you can't be seen until you are real close or are weaving about.
Yet another reason that sidecars are safer, they are big enough to see.
Usually they get close enough to read it then back wayyy off. Been ok so far.
I'm waiting tho for the one idiot that's gonna challenge me. Lol

Dunno. It's white. One time I was driving down the open road and something tiny and white several miles ahead caught my eye . Couldn't understand what it was until i got closer. It was a helmet. From then on it was white helmets for me.
Yes, something to catch the eye and the brain of the oncoming driver, which is the strategy that I've been working on, as I make upgrades. For long trips, it gives me some comfort that Yamaha made my FJR with 2 lights on in both light positions:

images

Fred, Your dreaming, come back to reality, your one guy the guy that challenges you will be in a big 4 wheel drive truck with 6 other buddies with him and they just started drinking... that decal is just going to get you into trouble, one day someone will just drive over you and leave.
.....it's offencive and shouldn't be there ,didn't your Momma teach you any better ? shame on you !
Good greef ! it's things like that that give the rest of us a bad name !
Bob........

Fred, Your dreaming, come back to reality, your one guy the guy that challenges you will be in a big 4 wheel drive truck with 6 other buddies with him and they just started drinking... that decal is just going to get you into trouble, one day someone will just drive over you and leave.
.....it's offencive and shouldn't be there ,didn't your Momma teach you any better ? shame on you !
Good greef ! it's things like that that give the rest of us a bad name !
Bob........
====================================================
Not dreaming at all,, a lot of people actually relate to it,, lots of thumbs up and whatnot.
also,,I am capable of dealing with this if and when it occurs.
VERY capable
Sorry it offends you,,but it will remain exactly where it is.

Back