Thread reply notifications

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to set my preferences to NOT get notification on every thread I start? Or do I have to do it for each individual thread?
I'd like to be able to set my preferences to just not receive them anymore.

- click on your name
- click on control panel
- go to edit options
- Default Thread Subscription Mode
- set to no email notification

I've done that every time I get an email about a thread, yet I still get notifications. I'll try it again and see what happens.

^^ ahhh yes! that's key! It's at the bottom of that page. :thumbsup:

If for some reason it still won't work, send me a pm and I'll make the change manually from my end.

I did everything you said three times (three time TODAY, not counting a few other times) and I still received a notice.
I got a notice when KingWJ replied, but not Travis....maybe it's starting to work?

Scott, I checked and your set to subscribe to threads with no notification. That means they should only show up in your control panel, and you will not receive emails for newly subscribed threads, however, see the quote below:

This is from the link I posted earlier:

When you change your Subscription Mode in your Control Panel, it only affects newly subscribed threads from that point on. If you had it set to daily notifications, and are changing it to weekly notifications, only the newly subscribed threads will have that setting. To change the setting of the other threads that were set up to receive daily notification, you'll need to do that by clicking 'List Subscriptions' under 'Subscribed Threads' in the control panel.

Here's what you need to do...
  • Under 'Subscribed Threads' in the control panel, click 'List Subscriptions'.
  • Now you have two options: Delete all your subscriptions. At the top under 'Subscribed Threads in Folder: All ' click 'Empty Current Folder'.
  • Your other option is to change the subscription types for the threads you're already subscribed to. On the right hand side of each thread there is a check box, at the top is a check box next to 'Notification'. Clicking that will check all the threads on that page. Once all the threads are selected, at the bottom in the drop-down box, select the subscription type you want and press 'Go'.

Also the reason you got an email when angus replied, but not when I replied, was you only get one notice per thread update until you log in again:

• Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent one time, until you revisit the forums. So if there are 20 new replies in a thread since your last visit, you will only get one email for the first new reply. Once you visit the forum again, it will reset and you receive an email again for the next new reply.

Yeah, i had to wipe all my subscribed threads when i turned notification off. Kind of odd for a global setting, but makes sense from a DB view.

Back