Wanted - throttle sleeve for my stock 1975 XS450. It is the right side duel cable pull.

catuned

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for a throttle sleeve for my stock 1975 XS450/500.
It is the right side duel cable pull.

The one MikesXS is different and too thick will not fit in to the button assembly.

Dealer is no luck either. They have discontinued the sleeve.

If you have one please message me or know where I can get one. Please help out.
This is my first build. I mostly do cars. :)

In the pictures the one on the right is the correct one. The one on the left is the one from from MikesXS. Both are double pull but the original is half the thickness and would fit but is broken.

Attachments

• IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 112
I'm pretty sure that the tube for the 75' XS650B (last year of the dual throttle cable
is the same part. I still have that complete assembly for that from one that I converted to single cable. The part number 26243 00 00 checks out as the same per cmsnl......will dig around and get back to you if you wish? Blue

Last edited:
I just checked with Titus at Lebanon (MO) Cycle Center. Most old grips and throttle tubes are still available.
The part number is 371-26243-00-00. It takes about 2 weeks for them to order and receive. Cost is around $9 + tax.
If you want to track down parts through the schematics you can do so here.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/service/servicehome/home.aspx
You can also order directly through this site I believe.

Nix the order directly you have to go through a dealer. Should have read the fine print.

Thank you so much Everyone! As I have said Im not huge Bike guy. I dont do this on a daily basis. Im a auto Mechanic. But love this bike. So thank you again! :)

Yeah some dealers people are like that.
The first person I talked with gave me the same song and dance.
You have to have someone that WANTS to sell and service customers.
Screen shot taken from the Yamaha site says they have 3 in stock.

Attachments

• throttle sleeve.jpg
    throttle sleeve.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 106
OK....I did find some info. on the 75 XS 500 and the cable guide does actuate two cables but one throttle cable pulls a linked set throttle wheel on and the other cable pulls that same wheel in the opposite direction or off...an unusual arrangement but essentially rotating the throttle wheel makes one cable longer and the other shorter by virtue of being linked in opposite directions on the rotating wheel. (Can be thought of as push pull I guess but it's really pull-pull (one pulls the wheel on, the other pulls it off). So the throttle tube just alternates the pulling actions on the cables.....rather than depending on springs to close the throttles.... here's the blow ups.

Now then.....theres still that issue of finding the correct part....sorry, at least we know that none of the double cable simultaneous pull action throttle guides will work and you have the correct number 371-26243-00-00 for the "thin version" as can be seen in the blow up of the Handle Wire diagram #14 Best, Blue

Attachments

• handle-wire-xs500b-1973-1975_bigyau0888e-10_ce7d.jpg
    handle-wire-xs500b-1973-1975_bigyau0888e-10_ce7d.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 100
  • carburetor-xs500b-1973-1975_bigyau0888c-10_ec2d.jpg
    carburetor-xs500b-1973-1975_bigyau0888c-10_ec2d.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back