Throttle Suggestions

RT Hemi

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi All, new to the site and just embarked on my first custom builds with my son. I say builds cause we just acquired a 75 and 81 xs650s. My 1st issue is on the 75 xs650, trying to connect the dual cables to a Biltwell dual throttle, not working well. I m not adverse to changing the throttle and getting a new cable setup, but want to keep the original carbs. Any suggestions on a setup that works?? I had to scrap the original throttle and handlebars due to damage. Thanks Greatly:)

The Biltwell Whiskey dual throttle is for push-pull applications. Your '75 needs a dual-pull throttle or a single-pull with a cable splitter. For stock carbs with stock (or stockish) cables, the OEM throttle is pretty good; someone on this forum is bound to have one they can sell you.

Otherwise, look at A Tommaselli 2C or Tommaselli Daytona.

Thanks. So the stock xs cables will fit in the tommasellis?? Also are the tommasellis made for 1inch bars or just 7\8s??? Appreciate the quick response

The stock cables use a retaining clip mount; you'll probably be looking at custom cables. Not sure if those Euro throttles come in 1", but I doubt it.

im also wanting to run a on/off switch and starter on my bike. this is my first bike ever that i am also building so i need direction on what to look for and get a better idea of what questions that i need to ask so that i can build this bike correctly.

sounds like you will have a lot of questions during your build. You should start a dedicated build thread, including all info about your bike, inspiration, where you are at currently, and work on one aspect at a time.
Look at my build I just started. Lots of pictures, inspiration, and where I am, and where im going.
the thread is 71 clone.

thanks for the suggestion angus67. ive looked into starting a thread for that but i cant seem to figure out how to start a thread. haha.

Up at the top of this page, click where it says The Garage.
At near the top of the page that comes up you will find a New Thread button.
Click it.
Start your thread.
Leo

Back