"Thug Life" Spades build

jefft

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I'm curious what others might think. There was a builder here a while back who built a bike called "Thug Life". The guy did an awesome job and IMHO the best I ever seen. He modeled it after famed Triumph builder Dan Patterson of Angry Monkey motorcycles. The bike was spot on representing Mr. Patterson's style of bike. The bike stirred quite a following here with many, many people saying it was there all time favorite. I have not seen that style of build before or since. Does anybody remember the bike? Just wondered why no other builds of that type. What do you think?
jefft

That's the bike that is inspiring my build. I'm not doing the springer front though, and a few other things different.

Great bike though.

I'm guessing there are a few reasons you don't see it too much. A bunch of money was thrown at that build, most guys around here are a little thrifty. Also, that has been done now, most guys around here like to be original. just me 2 cents.

Yea your right, I don't think he spared much in the way of expense on that bike. As far as guys being original, I thought that was such a departure from so many other bikes that look so much alike. I liked the style of that bike very much. It finally was sold on Ebay to a guy in Australia as I remember. He definitely captured the Dan Patterson style of bike build.
jefft

Back