Thumbnails won't come up

Travis here is a screen shot of the "black background".
You should be able to get time etc. from it.
It took approx 2 minutes for the picture to go ahead and load. And then it loaded to the web page instead of appearing in the attachment screen or on the black background.
I may have clicked on the black background. . . .like you would to get the picture to load to a page. I don't think so but I wouldn't say it was impossible.
Notice the "waiting for XS650.com" banner in the lower left corner.
Need more info? I'll try to help. . .

Attachments

• dark screen.jpg
    dark screen.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 253
WER, here's an experiment for you.

Go into your 'control panel', on the left 'edit options', scroll down to 'thread display options'.

Check that things look correct.
Then turn off 'show images'.
Then change 'number of posts to show per page' to 5.
'Save' all that.
Logout/login.

Play with it awhile, then change things back.

See whut happens...

TwoMany that sounds like alot of work. . .and I'm not sure I remember my pass word to log back in. . . .
Which my way of sayin, Huh whud you just tell me?
Ok I have my "number of posts to show per page" set to use forum default.
In fact all the choices are set to use forum default, I guess Ima lay zee bass turd.
It doesn't happen all the time. Just occasionally.
I've been back to the same thread and clicked the same picture and it loaded just fine.
Along with some others tonight.
Just happens, it happened tonight and I was able to screenshot it.
I did notice there were 225 users online at the time. . .

Just a little followup on this. Turns out there was a piece of trojan malware that managed to get into part of the analytics API SDK, and a bunch of adclick/adsense/adserver/analytics code went out with this. It wasn't buried in image data, just hopping along with the image traffic. Probably explains why I'm getting enormous traffic whenever I interact with hosting websites. I was able to duplicate the issue on another vbulletin forum, so my problem is either at my end and/or in the pipeline. Anyway, not much I can do about it. Seems that most of it is intended to create artificial statistics to boost adware revenue. Some is more insidious, data mining by C&C servers. Network and server security folks slugging it out.

I went thru 4 burnouts in this industry, last one chasing crap like this. The enormity and sophistication of today's malware is mind-boggling. I need a break...

Back