tire size

b1broc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Guys whats the biggest tire as far as width that i can put on my stock mag wheels? If anyone could include pics of there tires on the bike i would really appreciate it thanks guys:thumbsup:

Hardtail or stock swingarm? It really depends on the tire brand and style. Some run wider than others. Most tire manufacturers will list what rim sizes work with their tires.

130/90-16 for rear... Any wider will rub on swingarm.

Hardtail or swing arm. It doesn't matter. It has to due with chain interference with the tire. This subject has been beaten to death..... The search function is your friend.

Go any wider and your tire will hit the chain.

I have put the on shinko 130/90-16 with great success.

With enough grinding on the egdes of the chicken strip a 140 will squeeze into the stock swing arm. It hit the chain guard and both sides of the swing arm before it gets to the chain.
Leo

hey patches thanks for the beaten to death comment i always love that comment from people on here tells what kind person they are right off the bat maybe some of us, this is all new too.

I have a 140/90 Metzler on my stock mag with a hard tail. Clears the
chain by about a half inch. You can see a pic of my bike on my profile.

Last edited:
hey patches thanks for the beaten to death comment i always love that comment from people on here tells what kind person they are right off the bat maybe some of us, this is all new too.

No problem. I like to use it as a way to say, "stop being lazy and use the search function because this has been discussed many times." Your question has been asked many times before and there is no need to start a new thread on something that there is already a dozen or more threads for. It's clogs the board with redundant information. Use the search function and you will not get treated like such a retard. I have no problem helping people with their questions (feel free to check my posts ther are a lot of us that help ad much as possible) but when its clear they have done zero research it gets old.

When your bike breaks down and you come up with what you think is a unique question or thought use the tech section or do a search. More than likely it has already been covered before.

Back