Tis the season

weekendrider

Iron Horse cowboy
Top Contributor
Reaction score
OK first up I'll admit I don't know about customs in other countries.
Maybe you have Christmas there,maybe you don't or it is a different time of the year.
Or giving is against your personal values for whatever reason.

But I do celebrate Christmas! A large part of the enjoyment for me is to being giving, to help someones life be a little better. And this post is to encourage others to do the same if they can.

Maybe there is a senior citizen who's world is small and confined. A puzzle, book or magazine subscription may help them pass the time of long days?
Or maybe they would like the feel of a new set of lounging clothes or maybe their slippers are a little thin. Fruit/nuts or canned goods may simply not be affordable for them.

Is there a foster program who has children that aren't placed with a family during this season?

Or maybe a family down the street could use a little help with the utilities bills?
A ride to someplace? Maybe some lights or a small tree to help them "feel" the seasons cheer.

Or "that guy/gal" on the corner. Maybe an orange or apple and a bag of Miki D burgers will help them feel some better.

Maybe you can make one of the local "Toys for tots" rides? I try to make several. A good excuse to ride.

Warning if you do this you will get "burned" sometimes. No matter how careful you are at some point you feel taken advantage of. Just part of the parcel it happens, it is life.
But if you can and are willing please do.

Me and mine
wish you and yours
the best of seasons and a good year

And that right there pretty much sums up the season for me too. We celebrate Christmas in my family and we also try really hard to give back whenever we can.

My lodge brothers and I support a local shelter for kids and young adults with mental health issues. We provide a couple of turkeys and a dinner spread for the whole group.

On the ride side of things my SCRC chapter participates and helps organize a few charity rides per year. We also did a teddy bear run this year to a childrens hospital. Combining things you love to do along with helping the community is an awesome feeling!

Thank you for posting!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Back