Title from Bill of Sale Good News

Looks like we need to load up a bunch of the goons from Washington State and get them down there pronto! By the time they get done "fixing your system" it will cost you a couple hundred dollars and a 3 year wait. I'm about one year into mine.

Good grief - it seems like such a simply thing.

I'm not sure what the no-title buy process is here in Ontario, but a good friend recently found that if you buy a motorcycle with a "salvage title (i.e. it has been stolen and wrecked, or simply wrecked), you cannot, no-way/no-how get a licence plate for it and return it to the road. The only thing that bike can be used for is parts - no matter how minor the damage and how good the repair.

He was told that this was due to the huge number of Harleys that were being stolen by organised crime and fenced on the used market.

I'm not sure what the no-title buy process is here in Ontario, but a good friend recently found that if you buy a motorcycle with a "salvage title (i.e. it has been stolen and wrecked, or simply wrecked), you cannot, no-way/no-how get a licence plate for it and return it to the road. The only thing that bike can be used for is parts - no matter how minor the damage and how good the repair.

He was told that this was due to the huge number of Harleys that were being stolen by organised crime and fenced on the used market.
Wow! Please don't let the dip shits in Washington hear about that. I'm pretty sure the only reason our system isn't more screwed up than it is ,is because they can't figure out a way to make it worse.

Hi Pete,
that "scrap the salvaged bikes" policy does explain why we see those "titled necks" for sale in the list classifieds at $300.
And I'd call BS on the official explanation too. Betcha any stolen Harley being re-sold by organized crime will have impeccable paperwork to go with it.
The more likely explanation is it's cheaper to scrap a salvage title bike rather than pay qualified people to certify that it's OK to ride.

Could be Fred - but I think that the real reason for this nutty policy is the anti-vehicle outlook of the elistist downtown Toronto whale-kissing, white-wine, tree-hugger, lefty government whose aim is to suck all the fun out of life.

....but I could be wrong....

Re: letting the dipsh!ts in WA know....

OK, I'll keep my trap shut....but I just hope that there isn't an International Association for Fun-Sucking Government Dipsh!ts with a big annual convention where they all get together and exchange "good ideas" and "best practices"...

Could be Fred - but I think that the real reason for this nutty policy is the anti-vehicle outlook of the elistist downtown Toronto whale-kissing, white-wine, tree-hugger, lefty government whose aim is to suck all the fun out of life.
....but I could be wrong....
Hi Pete,
only in the details. There ain't no whales in Toronto. To admit that whales even exist would be to deny that the world is flat, that it rotates about the CN tower and it's edge is just outside the 401.
Which is why the cost of rural hydro is 3x what it is downtown. Sending power to another universe ain't cheap.
But aside from that you are correct, those incompetent clowns couldn't run a fuck-up in a brothel.

No whales....what about the internationally recognised Ripleys Aquarium???
Well, I guess if the only whale you can kiss is one that's been taken from it's natural environment and kept in a tiny little tank in an aquarium that's the true mark of a pseudo-environmentalist. Let those wankers swim out into the ocean and plant a wet one on a wild whale, I say.

Back