Wanted - Title needed.badly!

cuzIcan

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm in desperate need of a title! If its for a 78' thats great. But I need one for a build I have.

Thanks!!

I mean, I couldn't give you my first born...maybe the wife! Lol.

It's for a build I didn't think I'd need one this early but that changed about an hour ago.

IF the bike in question is NOT stolen. You can get one from the state of Vermont,,without being a resident. I know several who built bikes and have gotten legal that way.

Never heard of a bonded title. Hitndahedfred, how do you go about getting one in Vermont!? And the frame is NOT stolen.

Do a little digging around on various forums about getting a Vermont registration. I now ADV rider has at least one thread on it. I haven't done it myself but it seems to be legitimate.

Wow. That's an interesting answer.
And the frame is NOT stolen.
So the rest of the bike may be???????
You can build as a constructed titled bike.
Or go through the Vermont DMV to get a title , or just apply for lost title.

Bonded titles are doable in some states. Requirements have tightened up lately, most now require a physical inspection of the bike, VIN by a DMV examiner or a state trooper.

I don't think vermont require OR issues titles for old vehicles

you are registering a vehicle (for the first time in Vermont) in the following time periods: The issuance of a title will not be required for the following model years (because they would be more than 15 years old at the time of registration):
January 1, 2015 thru December 31, 2015 = 2000 or older

http://dmv.vermont.gov/registrations/drivers/title

Wisconsin and most others are serious PITA to deal with. I actually got a title for a no title bike here in WI, only took two years.

Interesting read from 2011 regarding Vermont titles. Check out 2strokeworld.com then search topics for "How to get a title without using one of the title companies". Remember, this thread was initiated in 2011 so not sure if information is still applicable... but might be a viable option to explore...........

Maybe it's an Indiana thing, but when I asked the DMV how they handle someone who either builds a custom bike, or has a really old one with no title to be found what they did, they just said they create a new one. They would have to have a way to title custom bike builders, so...

I guess I'm wondering why so many worry about a title. Yes there is the stolen thing, but...

I live in nevada, but i have a vermont reg. And plate. I'm going to use it like that for a couple more months. But if you send vermont dmv 1 bill of sale 2.v.i.n. Inspection certificate. 3. Proof of insurance. 4. Picture of bike 5. Copy of nada value of motorcycle. 6. Postal money order for registration fee & 8% taxes on nada value, you will have a license plate in the mail in 2 weeks, registration within 3-4 weeks. It is a great feeling.!! Then at your timetable take that to your dmv and register & title it. Vermont doesn't issue titles for anything 15 years and older.. I learned that on this forum and i am forever grateful because i had just spent two years working on a 74 tx650. Thanks again guys...

Back