Wanted - title new jersey

seek4ws

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just got an 78 from the original owner. he lost the title and dosnt have the registration or insurance cards to get a new one. he is still trying but does anyone have any advise or know selling title?

The problem in NJ is there replacement title can't be gotten. I have been screwing with NJ DMV for over a year now and I did all the paperwork pay the money and every once in a while I get a letter saying bike needs to be inspected. NOW we all know there is no inspection in NJ on bikes anymore but the DMV has not got that memo yet. I went to Trenton the big DMV and was told the law needs to be changed and I should go to my counsil person. BULLSHIT get your act together. I had a guy on here tell me he took his bike and paperwork to a DMV in North Jersey and they did it well I halled my ass up there and got same response. Fill paperwork out and do the 15 steps. Supervisor there again told me paperwork needed all these things and one is bike NEEDS TO BE INSPECTED BY DMV. So now I still sit paid $120.00 for a title that I will never see. Go to a aftermarket company that gets titles or if the guy you bought the bike from has a old REG. all you need to do is hall his ass with you to DMV and for $60.00 you get a DUP. Title. But going threw the steps is a waste of money and time. They are so screwed up here that I have a good title that some dumbass scribbled on the back which voided the title I took it to DMV and they will not replace it unless I have the guy who's name is on it even though I have a signed bill of sale. JUST DUMB over paid morons.... They claim that the study to get rid of motorcycle inspection saved NJ 17 million a year WELL GOVERNER instead of closing bridge traffic CLOSE DMV and you will save 100 million a year and I know it can all be done on the internet.
Good luck This is why I don't buy bikes without titles

Back