Title or no title??

ok.... anybody here a lawyer?? I'm not looking for legal advice. Just a lil guidance from several points of view that have been through this nightmare before. And so far I have gathered waay more thn what i knew before. These guys are very helpful

All i can tell you is go to the DMV or the person in your state that deals with titles. Your state use to be the main state to go to to get easy titles. BROADWAY TITLE was the main supplier of AL Titles and it use to be easy. I have done more than 50 titles threw ITS and 25 threw Broadway in the past. NOT NOW laws have changed. You don't need a lawyer to tell you to go to DMV. I stood in front of a DMV Supervisor for 45 mins trying to explain to her that the paper work they gave me is out dated and i still walked away with nothing. They don't get it. Here in NJ after you get the paper work and apply you need to have bike inspected. THERE IS NO INSPECTION ON BIKES IN NJ!!!! I went to state police Local Police Trenton and all said this is the paper work . Like i said before 14 months and no title and every once in a while i get a letter saying waiting on BIKE INSPECTION for paper work. Are they NUTZ!!!! I chopped the bike for parts and just waiting to see the out come. I had a guy in North Jersey tell me he went to this DMV and got it same day . I went there 2 hour ride and the supervisor told me NO WAY and haned me the same paper work and NOW i just sit back and got to laugh how all these other states are changing too.Anymore with me if its got a title you get good money for your bike if no title its worth $250.00 its a parts bike. I love the adds on bikes with no title that say title can be got easy at your DMV HAHA!!!! NOT.....

We have to take everything through inspection first. No matter what it is. Even if you have a frame and you want to transfer the title into your name, it has to go through inspection. I had to walk a bare frame through, have it totally fail, then have a title issued. And those titles are only to show ownership. If you get the vehicle roadworthy, then you have to get another title when it is tagged. If you want "historic" tags, same thing. After they deem it "As it came from the dealer" then you get the tag. After that you can chop it, but not before. I made that mistake.
They will not allow you to use title service titles either. They know what is going on. I asked the state police why it is so difficult and they told me it was due to stolen vehicles. I understand that is a problem, but if the VIN clears then what is the big deal?

I found all this out by walking into the DMV and asking a lot of questions. Glad I did too. Of course I have bought several very nice bikes, with no titles, due to the owner not asking these questions and spending a ton of money modifying a bike that could not be tagged.

So turns out in the state of Alabama if your vehicle is younger than 35 years old and the person you are purchasing from does not have the title and they will not get one (which if they don't have it and the vehicle will not pass inspection currently) to sell it then you are screwed.. its a parts bike. Better off getting another neck and title!! Screw you Alabama!! Just wanted to put that out there....

That sucks. I won't even look at a bike, unless for parts, if it has no title. The rules are changing.
Famous words by the PO, "Um, ya, all you have to do is.......it's easy".
And that's why they didn't do it? Cuz it was so easy?

Thats why i don't give them a second look .PARTS BIKE worth $250.00 tops.. Its even hard with MSO's you would think that that would be good because the person making the frame had to get his license to build and get a number from his state. I run adds all the time for bikes and sometime you get a good deal other than that i may just buy it for parts. I have a perfect frame and title that some ass wrote all over the back of it and in NJ that title is VOID!!!! So its sitting in the junk pile. I have a harley frame i paid over $600.00 for with a mso and its getting closer to the junk pile everyday. All the DMV is doing is making you switch necks which is also a nono in most states but you can't get a old good number frame done so whats next!!!

Back