To Accessorize or Not

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Had a funny experience today.
I was talking to some of my "biker" buddies. One friend, Mr. Grumpy, is a typical big biker guy with a beard, tattoos, Harley, skull pinky ring, you know the type. He was telling us how he customized his bike. Well leave it to our one buddy to start some crap. Now this was all in good fun, but I thought he was gonna take his purse and go home....which he did.

It started by Grumpy telling us about all the parts he put on his new bike. Basically all bolt on from a catalog. No problem, everyone does this. I do it. That's how you build something, from parts. At least he did it himself. Well, he kept using the word "customize". I couldn't care less what word he uses, but Ron (Mr. nut buster) started in on him and started out with a shot.

"No!", Ron cries, "You customize something by making 'one off pieces', like making a bracket from raw steel or bending your own bars or changing it forever with your own hands". "Just adding something to your bike you bought at the store is called 'accessorizing', like putting a brouch on your blouse", he screams.

I lost it, I really did. I thought I was gonna pee my pants.

This went on for 20 minutes. Back and forth, picking up speed and, most of all, got the other 4 guys to hop onto Ron's side. Grumpy was none too happy.
"You know Grumpy, Ron is right. You 'accessorized' your bike" or "Did your wife help out with the whole 'shoe match purse' thing?"
The funny thing is, is that Ron doesn't have a bike to ride because it's broke and because he can't even change his own oil he is so non-mechanical. He pays for everything, LOL.
Of course Grumpy never thought to point that out or that all the guys badgering him had the same things done to their bikes too.
He was just so mad that he didn't retaliate. He got so pissed at the "nanny nanny boo boo" that he actually got on his bike, said "F U!!!" and took off. When he stopped at the end of the drive, before turning, he stalled his bike. I think I saw blood coming out of his ears he was so hot.
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. And, it was about time he got a little ribbing. Grumpy is notorious for embarrasing you in front of others.

But there is one, small problem. You see, Grumpy currently has Ron's bike at his house fixing it. And Grumpy is one hell of a mechanic. AND Grumpy probably, maybe, might have mentioned on the phone to me about some lavender paint he has sitting around....or something.

We''ll see.

Last edited:
Back