to bore it or not to bore?

howry

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hey guys,
so ive heard there is a way to make those cylinder bays wider. is it worth it or not?
50 a pot, plus 150 each. so around 200 each. total around 500$. so ive heard.:shrug:

why? it's a 30 year old MC that wasn't that powerful when it was new,enjoy it for what it is, you aren't going to out perform any sport bikes anyway if you're thinking of a roadburner
I could see going with the 750 kit if you were setting up a touring rig, but for a around town bike unless you like spending money for no good reason why bother

Last edited:
hey guys,
so ive heard there is a way to make those cylinder bays wider. is it worth it or not?
50 a pot, plus 150 each. so around 200 each. total around 500$. so ive heard.:shrug:

Wait, what? $500.00 just to bore 2 cylinders? What am I missing here? That's WAY too much!

Think I got charged about $300 when I had 707 done, it was about twice what they told me it would be because they had to bore it twice, just after I got it done Mikexs brought out their 750 kit which worked out way cheaper, not sure how would compare now they've put the price up though.

Yeah. I am with PreGrid. If you are even thinking about spending $500 on a bore job, then buy the 750 kit. Will get everything you need and a much better motor when done.

Back