To buy, or not to buy...

jchrisk1

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I found a XS2 engine in an XSB frame at a junkyard and I am wondering if I should get them. The frame is in decent shape, not too rusty, and the motor is all there. It is not seized, but I can tell the PO has been inside it. And he looooved Permatex. It is everywhere. Head gasket, base gasket, valve covers... orange sealer squirting out everywhere. This kind of scares me, but my plan would be to do a complete rebuild on the engine.
I am looking for something to work on until next spring. Now that I have an idea of what the XS offers, and doesn't, I am ready to turn one into what I want out of it.
I'm thinking I will offer him $75 for it, but if anyone knows of any reason not to buy it, please tell.

Yeah, the frame is a 75 and the motor is 72. I expect to put about three times that into the motor. As long as the money keeps coming in anyway. I'm thinking possibly a rephase on it. Pamco and maybe a PMA. New bearings, overdrive fifth gear, swingarm stretch, a little rake, VI style brat seat, maybe 21's front and back. It's going to be a long process, but if I get started now maybe I can finish by...well who knows.

Back