To chop or not to chop

smokenjoep01

Motorcycle Freak
Reaction score
I have aquired another XS and also a 12"over girder front end. I am thinking girder front end, dual over under square headlights, prism fuel tank, zbars, king queen seat, tall sissy bar and maybe even fishtail upswept exhaust. Add 2" gooseneck to the front of the frame and 2" strech on the back hardtail. With my not so famous treaded rod end axle adjusters.
But then I have a street tracker with mono shock inverted front end and nitrous or a turbo on my brain.
Have we chopped up enough of these yet????

Do what you feel and what your wallet will allow. We're all here only once. Me, I'd make a rephased street tracker 750, modern front end. No turbo though, too unpredictable. I'd take advantage of the twins torque. But that's just me. Bench racin's easy!

The bikes are awesome stock, I would keep it that way with some cool mods. Intake, exhaust, paint, chrome, suspension, etc.

But that is just me.

Everyone has an opinion on the perfect XS. Stock, slightly modified, heavily modified. Ultimately it's up to you. I have a stock 77 Standard and the only modification is a Pamco. Love that bike and I will never chop it up but I also have a 80 Special that I'm in the process of Hard tailing and rephasing to a 277. I guess I just like XS's all shapes and forms. Well Not that XS Helicopter. :shrug: That thing just looked dangerous. Oh and I guess I didn't see the point of an XS powered table saw. :yikes: But hey, to each his own I guess.

Cafe that sucker!

HansProst1.jpg

Joe, i dont know that i have seen an XS like that before in the traditional 70's style. seen alot of CB750's etc. so i say do it up and chop away! cant wait to see how it turns out. another kool thing would be an amen style plunger frame in the rear. very 70's, kinda sketchy, and very different. just a thought :) CHOP CHOP CHOP!!!!

Back