to key or not to key?

I have a hidden key, no electric start, and the kicker is not clipped on, so I just pop it off and it goes with me. And no, it doesn't fall off when I'm riding. My friend had his CBR stolen. Just pulled a trailer next to it, flipped/rolled it onto it, and drove away. He even watched it happen. Lived on a upper floor apartment. If they want it, they will get it.

hi guys ... i,ve purchased an american security documentated 50mm padlock.... it cost me 40 bucks aussie . to bring it to aust.. but they class it as UN PICKABLE..... and i got 3 keys... its on my xs650 at the moment.... .. you could buy an international security plotting alarm .. .. connect it up hidden... out of site remote control locked up or walk away its armed .... if they move or tilt or touch is off and going.... and they are reasonably priced ... regards oldbiker

I put a universal car ignition in my bike. Starts like a car. I don't worry about someone stealing it. Life's too short. As said. if someone wants it, they will take it.

Attachments

• right side elec box.jpg
    right side elec box.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 178
I am in the building process, I just buy a key switch kit from a suzuki gn125, that bike model is very comunm here, come with key switch off/on/parking lights, gas cap, helmet lock and handlebar lock, brand new and very cheap, I just have to make a adaptation for the handlebar lock. I am to use a metal push botton for the starter and a switch for the lights low and high beam... I will post some pics later...

I used a toggle for a couple of years, and I left it on and killed my battery a few times. Having a key to remove and take with you makes it less likely to leave it on.

I put a universal car ignition in my bike. Starts like a car. I don't worry about someone stealing it. Life's too short. As said. if someone wants it, they will take it.

is it turn ket to start or do you have a start button?

Currently I'm up to 13 of these bikes in various states of construction and deconstruction (I'll be years getting them done.) For me to keep up with 13 motorcycle keys is far too much of a hassle so when at home in the sheds I leave the keys in the bikes but considering there are chains on the bikes, the sheds are locked, the gate is locked and the many hazards of navigating my back yard (including a trained attack rooster!) any man that takes one can have it.

PS. the ones that run are kept farthest from the doors.

PPS. Years ago I rode a Honda with wires I twisted together until one night a rookie cop shot at me and missed because he THOUGHT I stole it. That's a story for another thread suffice to say the judge was none too happy with our local police when he awarded me their cash.

I like that a lot. I can't help worrying about mine, though. I've already been through having two bikes stolen. Comes with the territory, though.

No one ask, but here in venezuela, you can lost your bike anywere, in a parking lot, in the street, anywere... If you can just not stop in a light or in a stop sign is just fine... If you park the bike in the street put any kind of locks and says a prayer...

we bought the J&P Cycle "round~key" #3700021 $21.99
We also bought a top rated push button (no failure) and we'll tuck it up under someplace.

My big girl ~ I thought i'd lost the keys at 1:30A.M. in Sturgis after the bar got out eh ?
Dummy me, I was so parched that day, I left them in my ignition :( When I got home, i got rid of the keys propper...... hidden stiche(s) NEVER wil I ever be out in the woods with lost or misplaced keys.

Sides she's a Yamaha 1300 V~4 with a V~MAX engine under the hood...... ZOOM ZOOM

Many years ago a friend who rode an old trumpet wired 6 toggles in series and placed them inside a metal box so that only the ends were visible. He threw away the little metal "On-Off" plates that came with them. He was the only one who knew which switches had to be up and which switches had to be down and with 6 switches no one ever figured out his "combination" which he also changed from time to time by turning part of the switches over.

A new method im trying out is a magnetic switch hidden somewhere in the frame. You use a small magnet to turn on the ignition by placing it over the hidden switch. This also allows you to hide your ignition wires in the frame.

Its VERY cheap and nothing is visible.

does any one know of a key ignition that allows to turn the bike on and then remove the key while leaving the bike running? I have the key ignition right next to my leg and already broke one key inside the ignition.

does any one know of a key ignition that allows to turn the bike on and then remove the key while leaving the bike running? I have the key ignition right next to my leg and already broke one key inside the ignition.
Go to ebay and type in mini ignition switch should be the first thing that come up. I've used them a couple times. They are incredibly small and the key comes out.

This is it on my current bike.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1444799992545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1444799992545.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 119
Back