To those whining about mikes xs

xstwin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
It"s getting rather old all this whining about mikes. I have a great idea stop buying parts from him if your so damn unhappy, or better yet step up to the plate and open your own XS parts store. With 3 articles in 3 different magazines on the XS 650 this month you should do great and make tons of cash.As far as the green valve cover gaskets go,Have you ever heard of yamabond??? Ok go ahead insult me and call me names now

XST, Maybe.. Do you like fresh cheese curds? Sooo good.. When they're fresh, they squeak when you bite into them. :)

As I stated in another post, Mike has always helped out these past 4 years I've had my first xs650 (working on now). He just added a needle I forgot to put in my cart and shipped it with the rest of my order today.

I've had a few problems with some low quality parts, but the price isnt bad and its what you would expect from buying aftermarket parts 30 years after production run of the bike. He did his best to provide me with better parts with no cost to me. Mike stocks the little things that no one else does. (I had to spend 15 bucks x3 for the bolts for a tail lamp on the fender because no one else has them except ebay.)

I cant wait to get my 81 with 900 miles up to 100%(Its almost full original, working on the carbs for the last 6 months thanks to the help of XSJOHN RIP)...
Mikesxs and 650central are helping me do it with the parts and services they provide, and no thats not a sales pitch. They are the two I've been able to reliably get parts from.... besides ebay... and thats not always reliable.

It"s getting rather old all this whining about mikes. I have a great idea stop buying parts from him if your so damn unhappy, or better yet step up to the plate and open your own XS parts store. With 3 articles in 3 different magazines on the XS 650 this month you should do great and make tons of cash.As far as the green valve cover gaskets go,Have you ever heard of yamabond??? Ok go ahead insult me and call me names now

I buy from Mike's Canadian affiliate and will likely do so again so I have no issues and think I'm objective so.... if a customer has an issue with a vendor and the vendor won't address the problem, should we all just shut up and take one for the team ?

Whine? That's an open invitation to rant if there ever was one! I don't whine about Mike Lalonde, I just hate his business practices and what he's done and make no bones about it. I was doing performance mods on XS650 suspensions and motors when it was the most despised motorcycle on the road, and I could pick up parts bikes for $50 and runners for $250 (challenged) to $500 (in nice shape). Then Lalonde came along with his Walparts act, a bunch of newbs went "Ooo, me too!", and what's followed has been high prices, butchery, and bad boy posturing from a bunch of people who are long on hours watching OCC and very short on dues. Rant over.

Whine? That's an open invitation to rant if there ever was one! I don't whine about Mike Lalonde, I just hate his business practices and what he's done and make no bones about it. I was doing performance mods on XS650 suspensions and motors when it was the most despised motorcycle on the road, and I could pick up parts bikes for $50 and runners for $250 (challenged) to $500 (in nice shape). Then Lalonde came along with his Walparts act, a bunch of newbs went "Ooo, me too!", and what's followed has been high prices, butchery, and bad boy posturing from a bunch of people who are long on hours watching OCC and very short on dues. Rant over.
Nice job on the rant there!

I do have to agree with grizld1 in some ways on his rant. I saw a 77 xj650 for 3k in horrible condition. What has changed in the past few years to cause this gouging? OCC and the like? It saddens me to see the butchery done to some of them... :(

I'm not a "purist", but I do like the classic look of the yami 650s... (minus the curse of satan original handlebars)

Parts price is all relative. You ought to see what parts cost for my 1978 Triumph Bonneville! The XS is a bargain in the parts department by comparison.

I've never had any problems with him or his products. Seems like the same few people complaining about his products over and over again, sometimes without anything to really back it up. They kind of overshadow the good reviews.

Complaining about the XS650 being popular because of MikesXS is like complaining that ever since your favorite local band got popular, their concert ticket prices went up.. And you're mad because everyone else likes them too and you don't have them all to yourself. boo hoo..

I've only gotten one major item that was unusable. And got one that was usable but not as good as it could have been (upgraded pivot bolt 1/8" too short so it barely meets the locking ring in the supplied nyloc nut without a washer). A dozen or so items that were fine. Some copper washers that were too soft for the specified torque.

I've ordered several things from mikes and have never had a problem with any of them. The only problem I had with him was I was trying to get some info about a product he carries and he would not return my emails.

Hell - my Xmas list last year was www.mikesxs.net followed by a list of part numbers I needed or wanted.

I have no beef with them.

In regards to the OP - thanks, now we have yet another thread about MikesXS

Posted via Mobile

Back