To those whining about mikes xs

Gee, Skull, I do seem to recall SOMETHING about that. In the FIRST version of the spreadsheet, before he made THESE changes, which would be why I asked EARZ if he was READY with the spreadsheet. :)

Thanks anyway, my skeletal friend.

BTW, how's the weather in Oz?

Sun is rising as we speak, some cloud and a red sky. I'm being a bit of pia kent, it's just i feel there is way to much negativity, I'm sure Mike.L. reads comments posted here and if you are going to review products and post the negatives how about doing the whole lot so at least we know what the good stuff is as well.

Well, good morning then, Skull.

I agree on the negativity. My problem is that I catch myself getting caught up in the whirling crap storms, becoming part of the noise. That's why I think an unemotional way to get out one's frustrations while serving a constructive purpose is a good idea.

Positive posts are great, it just seems to me that people assume they will get good parts and service for a fair price, so it is the 'norm'. Most folks won't bother to post about their good service but they more surely will post their displeasure.

So, in lieu of whining, let's just posts the facts, ma'am.

I don't want Mike to be a punching bag. Hell, if I was in his shoes I might be a bit surly myself. He has refunded my money on the bad mirrors I posted about in the spreadsheet and does provide some good parts, fast shipping and reasonable prices as well as a broad selection.

My hope is a constructive approach will help him to improve his business as well as our parts satisfaction.

BTW, Earz, I could not enter anything in the Vendor Contacted or Resolved boxes.

It"s getting rather old all this whining about mikes. I have a great idea stop buying parts from him if your so damn unhappy, or better yet step up to the plate and open your own XS parts store. With 3 articles in 3 different magazines on the XS 650 this month you should do great and make tons of cash.As far as the green valve cover gaskets go,Have you ever heard of yamabond??? Ok go ahead insult me and call me names now

Seriously, guy, chill out. People are consistently unhappy with some products MikeXS offers. More often than not, the problem worsens when MikeXS does not offer any semblance of customer service to alleviate the issue(s).

This week an effort was made to create a consolidated thread and spreadsheet of products offered by MikeXS that forum members feel are of sub-par quality. It's an excellent idea. It's that sort of collaborative, community effort that promotes better products, such as the highly superior carb holders by JBM Industries. If it were not for people "whining" about MikeXS, JBM might not have ever seen the demand for a superior product, and we'd all be replacing our carb holders each spring. If it were not for people "whining" about MikeXS, I might not have known about JBM and ordered a set from MikeXS, and I'd be replacing my carb holders next spring.

This is the sort of thing these forums are for. The only "whining" that I have noticed is the quote at the top of this reply. Get real. Do you see how hypocritical and ironic this thread has become?

Proofread your posts, you're an adult.

I have spent a lot of money with mikesxs with out any problems. Hearing all the negative comments about him made me reconsider purchasing from him, but based on my personal experience, I've decided to keep buying stuff from him.

Having said that, I think the spreadsheet is a good idea to warn other members about specific parts they have had troubles with. Maybe the spreadsheet should be a sticky somewhere?

I purchased a set of OE style rear brake shoes, ...2) the new brake shoes occasionally squal loudly when applied
Drums or discs? If discs, grease your caliper slider - *just* the slider. Squealing is caused by non-flat meeting of the pad/rotor. The sliders dry out rapidly, and cause the pad/rotor to meet at an angle, thus squealing.

If drums - yeah, you didn't clean good enough.

I grew up riding motorcycles but only recently (5 yrs ago) got back Into it. Not much influence from the OCC folks but why would that matter anyway. Everyone rides differently style bikes, nothing wrong with that. Whatever your motivation is to get on a bike is irrelevant. Just simple fact that your choosing to become part of the motorcycle brotherhood is cool with me. I welcome all riders of new schools, old schools, classic schools whatever.

Now some of you are up in arms because a younger, OR different breed of enthusiast, builder or rider has come along and made It more difficult for you to purchase parts and chops on the cheap. Give me a break.
It's great progress if you ask me. It keeps this great bike alive when were dead and gone.

And oh, Mikes has been good to me. Thus far.

Not that I look upon it as dues but can anyone tell me how I can make a donation to XS650.com? I shall whilst writing the check wear my new assless chaps and posture in a bad boy fashion.

That's easy, click About Us at the top. :cheers:

So, in lieu of whining, let's just posts the facts, ma'am.

I don't want Mike to be a punching bag. Hell, if I was in his shoes I might be a bit surly myself. He has refunded my money on the bad mirrors I posted about in the spreadsheet and does provide some good parts, fast shipping and reasonable prices as well as a broad selection.

My hope is a constructive approach will help him to improve his business as well as our parts satisfaction.

Since I don't want to bump the other thread, I'm listing this here:

If these lists and reviews are going to happen, I think we need disclaimers with at least four parts:

1) The reviews are opinions of individuals users with drastically varying levels of expertise with these machines. I bet half the negative reviews come from people screwing something up themselves and blaming it on the part. We've seen it here before! Maybe negative reviews should require proof.

2) Certain users may hold grudges against mikes for whatever reason and are very vocal about it which could skew the reviews to the negative side. I can tell you that I've bought parts on the internet with bad reviews that I thought were great products! Don't believe every bad review you read on the internet..

3) Parts are ordered in batches... so just because there might be a marginally bad batch, does not mean the next batch will be identical. So maybe old reviews (or reviews about products that were purchased more than x months ago) should be purged. That would prevent someone from complaining about a bad part purchased three years ago that was fixed 2 years and 10 months ago.

4) Individual parts in a batch can be bad! It happens, so just because you got a bad one, doesn't mean the next guy will.

some like boxers, some like briefs
I like to chop shit up and order from mikes.
I hope my bikes makes the purist lose sleep, then I've done well

some like boxers, some like briefs
I like to chop shit up and order from mikes.

:thumbsup:

xstwin why would you help someone side track your thread on mike's into an a crap slinging thread?

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
Wayne Dyer

Last edited:
I hope my bikes makes the purist lose sleep, then I've done well

Didn't you used to live in the apartment above me?

Speaking of xls files, my gut feeling is the average choppered Japanese bike has a maximum life expectancy of three years before it ends life in a weed field, its owner having spazzed to some other compulsion. All when the trailer really needs new siding.

And can somebody explain that video to me? LOL

. Last time I made a comment I was attacked by every jesse james wanna be in here,actually one of those lame brains I think his name was Fong bros actually started a thread to pat himself on the back and attack me because I said a lot of the chops on here look like acute triangles with wheels(They still have not figured out what an acute triangle is according to his comeback). .

Please show me where this happened. I would be very interested in seeing the thread I supposedly started as a forum to attack you.

Hey, Fongy, let it go. Everyone was getting shitty back then. It's over now. If you want to read shit, go here: http://justshittin.wordpress.com/

But, I'd like to see what you're up to. You guys do nice work. Post some of your latest stuff. I need some fresh ideas to rip off and take credit for.

And, for the record, I am the only REAL Jesse James wannabe here.

Right. :)

I buy from Mike's and have had no problems with the parts I have received. It's nice that we have the ability to buy parts for our classics. On another note, I find it distressing that there are so many 650's being disassembled for parts to ebay them. Only drives up the prices of complete bikes and since mine are not for sale, I can't buy another one, either.

Back