top speeds

on my 77 it would do 115 mph but i was only 10 stone
30 years ago now on my 81 105mph tops at 16 stone
the 81 isnt quite as power full as the old 77

95 MPH +/- on the BS34's which were giving top end trouble, it was pulling good with some still to go. Not too many places around here to let it rip, people drive like frickin' idiots on the Interstate, wandering between lanes playing on their phones. Also the stock forks flex a good bit, it really could use a brace for those higher speeds. I'm going to guesstimate somewhere in the 110 MPH range.

I have an 'in' with a local racetrack (Carolina Motorsports Park), I might go over there some day and see what I can get out of it.

^^I tend to avoid highways/interstates when I'm on the XS as it just feels wrong to do sustained speeds of 70+ MPH. I might think otherwise if I geared it differently, but it'll never be a bike that I want to go fast on. I think that's part of the appeal... you don't have to be doing 100+ to have fun on an XS.

^^I tend to avoid highways/interstates when I'm on the XS as it just feels wrong to do sustained speeds of 70+ MPH. I might think otherwise if I geared it differently, but it'll never be a bike that I want to go fast on. I think that's part of the appeal... you don't have to be doing 100+ to have fun on an XS.

AGREED. I've done around 75 on my xs, but it's not as fun to me as just putting around town.

I took my hardatail up to 90, which was it for that one. A little pee came out. I agree, I like to cruise and my bike is my daily rider.
I've only had my '82 up to 65mph. It would take me an hour to ride to a 65 mph zone, lol.

Back