top speeds

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
So i've never rode any xs650, hell haven't even ridden mine yet. What is the top speed you've had yours to? how's the torque?

123-125 is my fastest, it still had more to go, but I was well past legal at that point anyhow. Hoping to get to the Maxton Motor Mile for some time trials soon though. Be interesting to see what it would do in a Standing Mile...

Only about 65 since I put a speedo on it. I went faster a couple times, but sure of the actual speed. It had a bunch more to go though. Torque wise, I have a damn good amount. I've scared myself a couple times by gunning it and not having a good grip.

I've seen a hundred on the speedo (+6500rpm in 5th) but it wasn't floating like it was really doing it,, I've had Sportsters and 74's up over a hundred and you know it when you hit speed

on my R1 i had that sucker up to 155 mph..

on a Honda cbr 600 had it to 140 mph

crazy stuff

Top speed blows torque is awsome. I can out run my buddies 1200 sportster that is modded out up to 4th gear,after that he blows me away.

hi guys.... i used to live in ORBOST VICTORIA AUSTRALIA,,, and i regularly went for a quick ride to stretch his legs to cape conran... i could do orbost to marlo in a flat 10mins... and it sung... an older guy with a xs650 bucket of garbage that he would not buy new parts for was with me.. and i was cruising at 125k nicely and passed this old guy i was riding with , as he rode vertical every where even in to nice sweeping corners a couple of times i nearly ate him for breakfast .. ,,thats why they make corners purely for bikers to have fun in...when i did pass this guy i had more than enough grunt.... regards oldbiker

on my R1 i had that sucker up to 155 mph..

on a Honda cbr 600 had it to 140 mph

crazy stuff

I'm with you! Although that R1 had alot left in it!

Topped out my GSXR-750 @ 174mph bouncing off the rev limiter.

We would do midnight runs (no traffic) on highways that were pretty straight and about the 4 lanes wides down here. Although the fastest I've witnessed was 192mph on the street (we always verified the runs by GPS, only way bragging rights would hold up). Although looking back it was quite retarded and we were just future ORGAN DONORS.:doh:

But most XS owners have them to go slow not fast. To be seen, so people can look and appreciate the love of labor that everybody puts into there ride!

I'm with you! Although that R1 had alot left in it!

Topped out my GSXR-750 @ 174mph bouncing off the rev limiter.

We would do midnight runs (no traffic) on highways that were pretty straight and about the 4 lanes wides down here. Although the fastest I've witnessed was 192mph on the street (we always verified the runs by GPS, only way bragging rights would hold up). Although looking back it was quite retarded and we were just future ORGAN DONORS.:doh:

But most XS owners have them to go slow not fast. To be seen, so people can look and appreciate the love of labor that everybody puts into there ride!

I agree, my go fast days are over. I love my XS because it goes the legal speeds+ really well, and lots of fun. Back when I was bolder and dumber, had my Ninja 750 to 140, in traffic on a 2 wide highway. That motor could pull. :yikes: I don't even care how fast my chop can go.(no speedo anyway:laugh:) Just makes me smile when I ride, and that's good enough.:bike:

Seems as though the original topic got a little hijacked here. To answer Slackjaw's original question, I've had my XS up to around 105, it was very stable at speed. An XS has good torque at moderately low RPM, so it's really great for relaxed riding. You don't have to keep it spooled up all the time.

DLD1

Yeah not trying to be a stunt double on my xs or anything just wondering how it "feels" per say

Back