Tracker build candidate?

180py

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I found this bike (black stocker) will it be a good candidate to build like this? (red and white)

Attachments

• cl denver.jpg
    cl denver.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 2-Gabe650-037_fs.jpg
    2-Gabe650-037_fs.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 188
Yeh would take some work though. That bike has had some mods done - rear frame section, different swing arm, front brakes, different tank with mounts accordingly, different shocks, coil mounts, custom cafe style seat and pan, custom battery box or pma, a lot of time and elbow grease. Quite a nice build. At the end of the day its just a question of $ and commitment.

I would say hell yes but it takes time and money the more money you got the less time it takes! Where I started where I am a while back getting closer.
5Ic5E65He3E13G93oec6aa84d665d745910fe.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

I had fun transforming this. But it took 3 years. And I'm updating things even yet. It's all about the pleasure of working on something you love. Some have more imagination and talents, others like me, tend to copy something they see and like. It's all good and just personal tastes.

Attachments

• HPIM0960.JPG
    HPIM0960.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 131
  • HPIM1550.JPG
    HPIM1550.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 145
How much of a 'not direct fit' is it? And where's a good reliable source for parts like that?

On the mx aluminum tank, the oem petcock position is on the left side and will just about hit unless you use a right angle fitting and then a inline shutoff. The tank doesn't sit well over the head and upper motor mount. The oem frame tank cups will have to be repositioned. Look close at Mulles pic. You can see the petcock that has been added and molded into the right rear. He cut a small section of the tank lower out around the head.

I had fun transforming this. But it took 3 years. And I'm updating things even yet. It's all about the pleasure of working on something you love. Some have more imagination and talents, others like me, tend to copy something they see and like. It's all good and just personal tastes.

That's a nice looking bike. Is that tank and seat Omar's?

Now that's a tracker! Original! Please don't JUMP on the bandwagon and build another Kenny Roberts clone!
Hey 180py do what you want with your tracker build. If you want to build a kenny roberts clone then do it, this dude jdizon has it out for me and just has to run his mouth, its what I call verbal diarea. This site is meant to be helpful to all the xs650 owners.

I don't even know who Kenny Roberts is LoL! I want a 1975 mx400 tank and one of Omar's fender/seats. The rest of it will come to me as I see things I like.

I don't even know who Kenny Roberts is LoL! I want a 1975 mx400 tank and one of Omar's fender/seats. The rest of it will come to me as I see things I like.
King kenny was the ama number 1 plate holder riding an xs650 his paint scheme was yellow with the black and white graphics. It is over done but when I built my bike thats the way I wanted it, I live in a town with the population of about 65000 and maybe 100,000 with the surrounding suburbs and small towns and there is not one other kenny roberts paint scheme running around. So do as you wish its your vision.

Uh oh crusty's panties in a bunch again

Hey 180py do what you want with your tracker build. If you want to build a kenny roberts clone then do it, this dude jdizon has it out for me and just has to run his mouth, its what I call verbal diarea. This site is meant to be helpful to all the xs650 owners.

Back