Tragically Wife sells bike

cristallmighty :wtf:

i think thats the worst case of cruelty I have ever heard of .

Last edited:
My wife is the opposite. We just got back from a short vacation, and her oldest daughter calls and tells us her minivan is making noise. Needs brakes, no big deal. Well, the wife jumps right in, calls for parts, and comes out to the garage asking what she can do. I let her do most of the work, guiding her as needed. Afterwards, she tells me working on cars with me is more fun than ANY vacation!!! Now she's asking me questions about the bikes, and wants to build her own classic Mustang! This is gonna get expensive, but damn, its gonna be fun!!! :)

guess your Wife hasn't got a beautiful unmarried Sister huh !?:(

I arrived home yesterday and went out to look up the vin on my new build to make sure of the model year after someone told me my frame didn't look right for the the year and found bike bike gone. I run in to call the cops and her my wife say we need to talk about yer bike:wtf:she then proceeds to tell me that she sold it and that i didn't have the money for some death trap bike that I bought in pieces and didn't even know if it would work. told her of course it will work after i build it and put the new motor I was buying this weekend in it. I said yeah I'm broke because we are remodeling our house and had a budget of $7000 and she went over that buy $4000 and so i have $11,000 in material for my house and don,t have the $3000 to level the dang thing because she went over budget having to have the best i had laminate she traded it for hickory hand scraped mine was .89 cents a foot hers is 6.00 a foot plus the tile i got a great deal on was kool enough she wanted mosaic bla bla bla anyway sorry had to rant a lil i think i will sell her truck today lol:banghead:

umm didnt read all the posts, just yours. but regardless that woman would be history here. walkin down the road.see your kids and teach them well not to be helpless.and dont let them grow up to be like your wife.put your foot in her ass and be glad.

glad to hear that you got a good result Bob .

I think its going to be good for your relationship that you've drawn a line so you both know where you stand for future reference.

Good luck with your build .:thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for yer responses I moved her furniture and parked the bike and 5crates of parts in the living room.her whole deal was not getting anytime with me and sees the bike taking even more oft attention from here plus her fear of bikes and me being ran over by a truck lol so I told her we will build it together and spend time together she has built a few cars with me and looks hot all greasy and covered in meta shavings she can actually tear down a 350 and rebuild it in a 6 hour day if I watch to give her confidence but she only does it to be with me she would rather be doing her nails and I ask alot of her she hates hunting but will skin and process any critter I bag in the woods so I am going to try harder for her to spend the time doing things she likes swell

thats a smart move Bob :thumbsup:
Its easy to forget our partner when we are engrossed in playing with our toys.

i reckon relationships are all about a bit of give and take, good communication and especially giving your partner time and space to do their own thing .

Its a real bonus when we can share something with a partner though:wink2:

Communication and trust are 2 of the most important things for a relationship to work, imo

Not a good thing to do, but hey, there must have been some discussion before this went down, and maybe from her point of view she wanted your children to grow up with you, and she wanted to grow old with you. Maybe she was just trying to make a point about some issues you guys are stuck on.

Working 80 hours a week means you aren't home much and long hours make for tired people. Maybe she is feeling neglected at home, (because you are away so much), and feels the bike will take you away more and I assume you wife had to put up with some hardship while you lived in a tent

If you haven't built the frame your self, then it could well be a death trap, No gussets, (accident waiting to happen), are you going to have front brakes, and have you had the welds tested. Not doubting your build skills, but are you going to take all the precautions to make the bike as safe as possible or will it be another kool, look good first, and safety second project.

Not busting your balls but there is 2 sides to these things and often we get caught up in the moment and the real issue is lost. Not taking sides either been there and done that and looking back i could have made my life a lot easier if i had taken a step back.

Thanks to everyone for yer responses I moved her furniture and parked the bike and 5crates of parts in the living room.her whole deal was not getting anytime with me and sees the bike taking even more oft attention from here plus her fear of bikes and me being ran over by a truck lol so I told her we will build it together and spend time together she has built a few cars with me and looks hot all greasy and covered in meta shavings she can actually tear down a 350 and rebuild it in a 6 hour day if I watch to give her confidence but she only does it to be with me she would rather be doing her nails and I ask alot of her she hates hunting but will skin and process any critter I bag in the woods so I am going to try harder for her to spend the time doing things she likes swell

..........:thumbsup:...........

I arrived home yesterday and went out to look up the vin on my new build to make sure of the model year after someone told me my frame didn't look right for the the year and found bike bike gone. I run in to call the cops and her my wife say we need to talk about yer bike:wtf:she then proceeds to tell me that she sold it and that i didn't have the money for some death trap bike that I bought in pieces and didn't even know if it would work. told her of course it will work after i build it and put the new motor I was buying this weekend in it. I said yeah I'm broke because we are remodeling our house and had a budget of $7000 and she went over that buy $4000 and so i have $11,000 in material for my house and don,t have the $3000 to level the dang thing because she went over budget having to have the best i had laminate she traded it for hickory hand scraped mine was .89 cents a foot hers is 6.00 a foot plus the tile i got a great deal on was kool enough she wanted mosaic bla bla bla anyway sorry had to rant a lil i think i will sell her truck today lol:banghead:

I know exactly how you feel buddy. I had 7 ears of corn in my fridge, and the wife just tosses them in the trash because she wanted to make room for some chicken salad she just made...not exacly the same, but the same idea.

But if your interested, I have a completely restored 1977 xs-650 for sale for 1900.00 that would probably be cheaper to buy that to restore one.:bike:

I know exactly how you feel buddy. I had 7 ears of corn in my fridge, and the wife just tosses them in the trash because she wanted to make room for some chicken salad she just made...not exacly the same, but the same idea.

But if your interested, I have a completely restored 1977 xs-650 for sale for 1900.00 that would probably be cheaper to buy that to restore one.:bike:

wow 1900 that sounds like a great deal if i had the cash i'd buy it in a heart beet but i've started this build and i have to finish it never done any work on a bike and looking at this motor i have is a bit over whelming everything is broke down empty case's heads every part is in bags and creates and i'm not the who did the tear down so it is alot to figure out glad i'm not to the point of rebuilding the motor yet i still have to get my wheels laced up so i can atleast have a roller.

no worries Bob! we'll help ya

lots of us have been exactly where you are now , myself included.

I am part way through rebuilding my first xs650 engine having received it in boxes and bags just like you.

I've got lists of all the parts and pictures and videos of each step:thumbsup:

That would be a big help i guess i need to get the pistons and cylinders first but i do want to start putting the crank n rodz in the case and atleast get the lower half done for now while i'm waiting on spokes to lace up my wheels and the money for the big bore kit i di have a guy going to sell me a 81 motor for $100 but it was trashed it had been in a house fire and he never mentioned that fact untill i went to look at it although i did find a guy who has to motors for $450 each.

Back