Trail tech vappr

zurek4

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have this computer. I can't seem to get the speedometer sensor reading correctly. Help me

Posted via Mobile

What do you mean by correctly? Wrong speed or erratic display.
For wrong speed indicated check that you have entered the wheel circumference correctly.
The pickup needs to be very close to the rotating magnet to work. Check it is not loose and vibrating out of its operating limits.
For an erratic RPM display a place a resistor in series with the wire to the coil or spark plug lead. Can’t remember what size resistor it is (in the mega Ohm range) but do a search on here as it has been covered a few times.
I have one of these and although I don’t ride the bike it’s on much the only problem I have encountered is the erratic RPM display.

It's erratic speeds. I kid you not the magnet is a 1/4 inch away from sensor right below it within range. It jumps from between 8-10mph up to the right speed say if I go 30-40mph. Idk. Maybe the sensor is junk. My wheel size is 190-75-16. Measured at 2081mm

Posted via Mobile

It's erratic speeds. I kid you not the magnet is a 1/4 inch away from sensor right below it within range. It jumps from between 8-10mph up to the right speed say if I go 30-40mph. Idk. Maybe the sensor is junk. My wheel size is 190-75-16. Measured at 2081mm

Posted via Mobile

Hi zurek,
that tire size has to be the rear tire on a wideframe hardtail?
If your gadget is mounted on a rear wheel perhaps the poor confused thing is trying to read the drive chain going by?

My sensor is less than 3 mm away from the magnet (less half what you have), try closing the gap.
I dug out the installation notes and if the relationship of the sensor to the magnet is not correct it can double trigger. See the attached pdf file.

Attachments

• Vapour instructions.pdf
    487.1 KB · Views: 158
When I told you my measurement for the front wheel of 2081, that was for the 100/90R19 wheel that I have on my 82 Special. Your wheel diameter is off that is why your speed readings are off. What tire make do you have? Try going to the manufacture's website and looking at the specs on your tire. It should say the overall diameter in inches. Take that number and convert it over to mm using Google or whatever. Take that converted number and multiply by 3.16 to get the number you need to input into the Vapor.

Rugger, Incorrect wheel size does not explain the erratic reading but it wouldn't hurt to check.

It is easily done without maths: Put a chalk mark on the tyre where it sits on the ground and continue the mark down to the driveway. Push the bike in a straight line forward until the line on the tyre is in the same position back on the ground (1 revolution). Transfer the mark onto the driveway. Measure the distance between the two driveway marks, that is the circumference.

I think the problem is an occasional double trigger and miss from the sensor.

Back