Transmission fluid.

Hey guys new to sx650. its a 75. How do you check the trans fluid level??
To check the oil level on that 75 just put the bike on the center stand on level ground and put the dipstick back in the hole and and screw the dipstick just so it barely gets going on the threads (That's what I do to my 75)
Level should be 1/2 between add and full
Engine and transmission are all the same oil

To check the oil level on that 75 just put the bike on the center stand on level ground and put the dipstick back in the hole and and screw the dipstick just so it barely gets going on the threads (That's what I do to my 75)
Level should be 1/2 between add and full
Engine and transmission are all the same oil
And welcome to the website

Thanks. What is the little chrome knob right side of the oil dip stick? Toward the front.
sorry don't have picture.
Welcome, thats not a knob its the shift detent retainer bolt. Its what makes the gearshift stop at each gear and not over rotate past it.

Welcome, thats not a knob its the shift detent retainer bolt. Its what makes the gearshift stop at each gear and not over rotate past it.
Yeah... and there's a spring under that bolt that can travel 3 counties 'afor it touches down. Don't remove it unless there's a need to. :yikes:
Oh... and welcome to the forum. :D

First off I'll say Welcome, now onto the question.
The engine, tranny and primary are all one oil. So only one dip stick. Most use a 20W50 oil. Some use a 15W40. Most any brand you like as long as it's good for wet clutches.
Others have told where and how to check so I won't.
Leo

Yeah... and there's a spring under that bolt that can travel 3 counties 'afor it touches down. Don't remove it unless there's a need to. :yikes:
Oh... and welcome to the forum. :D
I always wondered what that was for but decided that maybe I should let it be
But I mean why would they put a bolt right there where I might be tempted :devilish:

Back