Trike

DannyB

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of you shop owners ever built a rear weld on section for a trike build? I'm seriously considering building one, but have no Idea where to go for the frame work.

Cycleexchange is not a bad kit and you could use the CB750 kit they sell with a couple changes. I PMed you and i have done them with the banchee rears and they work good just some work. I had one of those rears go 140mph and even ran the bike at the track. Just some work to put car rims on it because they are only 4 lug. Here are pictures of a 4 lug i did. This is a real CBR600 Frame with everything working.

Attachments

• images (8).jpg
    images (8).jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 207
Bad ass.

Would the banshee swing arm setup not be alot of mods with the shock and such.

The hard tail setup looks mean, especially on a 750 4.

Next project will be a trike,

The first one i did was alot of work because i only had a idea in my head. After i started to look at Drag Race quads did i see the setup clearly and get in contact with a builder. He turned me onto a site that made after market swingarm for Drag Racing and i bought a 10" over arm and it almost fit like a glove on the KZ1000 i did. Spaceing between the rails and the shock were not the problem it was the rear tires. 4 lug just didn't cut it on the CBR600 i could do burnouts for days on the street but the bike was setup for sand Drags and look as stock as possible so other guys with big buck bikes would think i was a pushover and take my money easy. Well we raced the bike for a full year and then it was taboo word was out. On the KZ1000 i did harley soft tail shocks on the bottom and it held up nice. I tried useing a single dirt bike shock but bottomed out. So it can be done easy with a little work but build with all the weight on the bike.

How do you get a trike regd. for the road if you are using a motorcycle vin # ? Back in the '70s there were kits to build trikes out of VWs , but those kits came with a vin# and even then there were problems getting insurance on them.

Some states just regerster them as motorcycles. Penn allowed them to go on the street if they had all the right stuff on them. Here are a couple pictures of swingarm.

Attachments

• arm1.jpg
    arm1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 166
  • arm2.jpg
    arm2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 144
  • arm3.jpg
    arm3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 168
Hello, my name is Michael. My shopmate Fritz & I can build one for your bike for sure. He builds them for Harleys, they are rock solid and look killer. Our fabrication skills are peerless and we both have very creative minds to make things that have both form & function...not to mention still look cool as hell. Please check our sites & blogs and contact me in interested. http://fritztheworld.com/ http://www.lolyphecustomchoppers.blogspot.com/2012_10_01_archive.html

Thanks-
michael
LoLYPHE CUSTOM CHOPPERS

Back