Triple Mikuni carb, use center carb on the side

misiek303

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I screwed up my right carb. I have one center spare that I potentially could use. The only difference is that the center carb has fuel delivery on both sides that are connected to the left and right carb. I would need to plug the one side fuel delivery chamber.

Pic attached. ( on the picture its another broken spare, as you can see has broken leg for the float level, if I could fix that, that would be ideally ). But I am pointing to the chamber that needs to be blocked some how.

What would be the best way ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 3.08.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 3.08.55 PM.png
    829.5 KB · Views: 81
Yep, been there dealing with extra throttle shaft holes. Original JB Weld is impervious to ethanol and will adhere. JB Quick is not, give it a pass.

Maybe @Jim will chime in. He had a nice fix for one of those.

If you don’t have any access to a mill or lathe, I could see the transplant possible with an inserted post.

Cut one off a bad carb and put it on your good carb.

Maybe @Jim will chime in. He had a nice fix for one of those.

If you don’t have any access to a mill or lathe, I could see the transplant possible with an inserted post.
Yeah, I made brass pivot post replacements and pressed 'em in. You'll need a lathe to do it though

As far as plugging the inlet hole, I like the J B Weld option.... yeah, the original formula.
For best adhesion use a gun bore brush or similar to clean the hole first. You want to remove as much of the oxide layer as possible.

1661914423362.png

Not the prettiest but I call it success. I will use this carb and swap it instead of the one with broken mixture screw in the hole.
The hole is clogged for good in the other carb. I tried to drill it, but instead of in the center I drill it next to the hole.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 1.05.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 1.05.15 PM.png
    831.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 1.04.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 1.04.55 PM.png
    791.3 KB · Views: 73
Rough around the edges... but I'd call that a win!! :laugh2::cheers:

As long as it’s straight and doesn’t make the float needle bind it should fly

Back