Trying to figure out what year my bike is

vdubplate

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just got a new donor bike today without a title and I'm trying to figure out what year it is. I have read in the past that the serial is under the bike on the frame. I went under there with a flashlight a few minutes ago and there is a ton of muck so I wiped some of it away but no dice. Does anyone know the exact whereabouts of this numba? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

- John

I found my serials and I checked that link. So am I supposed to have one of those serials or or is it if i am between numbers than that is the year I have? The reason I'm asking is I have two bikes one I have papers for and its a 75. The other has a similar number and if I am between numbers on that sheet than I should be within a year of the 75. Thing is the engine is different

Yup the number listed is the first serial number for that year, they go up from there.

Strange, you would think that the engines would be a lot more similar. I have to check over the engines to see if they were swapped. One bike has a window to check oil wile the other doesn't. One had a different look where the cam chain tension adjustment would go.

Back