tube bender

Well, you got me looking at this stuff again... I'm convinced that JD2 is still the way to go. As much as the dies cost, I would want the ability to bend 180, but I don't really need to go further, and in the size I would want first (1") they seem to be the best deal. Personally, I'd spring for the manual model 32, since I know that sooner or later there will be some huge 1/4 wall DOM on there for some overbuilt bumper or something. An extra $100 is worth it to me.

here is my JD M32 and TN-250 notcher setup

img1170b.jpg

Any idea what is the difference between the JD2 Model 3 & 32 besides $100? lol

If your only interest is bikes, the model 32 might be more than you need (or maybe not...), but as a guy that may at any given time decide to get back into 4x4's, bigger is better. It is an easy choice to me: $100 now is cheaper than a whole new bender later.

I have a Pro Tools 105 which I use for roll cages, it's well made but the dies are not cheap. That 'Affordable' bender has aluminum dies which spread and crack and unless I miss my guess that Eastwood unit does too.

If your only interest is bikes, the model 32 might be more than you need (or maybe not...), but as a guy that may at any given time decide to get back into 4x4's, bigger is better. It is an easy choice to me: $100 now is cheaper than a whole new bender later.

I live in NYC. I like 4x4s, but they are too big to park and parking tickets are about $75 to 150 each and parking garages are $700+month for trucks. Too expensive to own a car here.

I have a Pro Tools 105 which I use for roll cages, it's well made but the dies are not cheap. That 'Affordable' bender has aluminum dies which spread and crack and unless I miss my guess that Eastwood unit does too.

The Pro Tools 105 looks a lot like the JD2 bender.

Back