Tumbler

weaselbeak

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I decided not to spend too much time sandblasting, or at least no more than necessary. I built this so I could tumble decent size parts. If I want to do small stuff, like rifle brass, I just toss it all in a small canister with it's media and set it inside this one. I have some really wide belting to line the inside for noise, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Shoot, it's too cold to even paint it.

I like it.
http://www.harborfreight.com/garage...-resin-abrasive-tumbler-media-60542-9291.html
You can put this stuff inside a rusty gas tank, cushion the tank in your barrel with whatever, and it should clean out the tank. I have done this very thing in a clothes dryer, the trouble is that the clothes dryer spins too fast, and centifugal force prevents the media from tumbling as much as it could, although it does work. Your barrel seems to be rotating slower, I think it should clean gas tank insides well.

That's a wonderful idea. I could clean both the inside and outsides of a tank at the same time, as I would use a considerable amount of something in the barrel to keep the tank from getting beat up. I even have a tank to try it on, but it's a tank I don't really need.

Back