Turbo Question

No intercooler,with the draw thru an intercooler will let the fuel fall out of suspension. (turning the intercooler into a bomb). The long tube on my system is just part of the intake track. I think draw thru systems make just about the same amount of power, they just a little less compilcated.

Oh man that would not be good.

What would be a good size turbo to run? I'm not looking to build a drag bike or anything, just street riding. I keep coming across t25's but they seem to be about the same size as the turbo I already have. What would be to big to run? Just so I have a range to look at?

I've seen yamachop's build and it seems like his turbo is about the size as my starion turbo.

Not sure about what size turbo would be best for the street. My turbo came off a 2200 cc engine., I use nitrous to help spool up.Don't how my would work on street without the nitrous.
There so few of us putting turbo's on XS's all we can do is fab the systems up and work from there.
The Starion unit may work. Only way to find out.

Yeah that's true. Maybe I'll go for it and see how it turns out. Can you say turbo lag?

you guys got me all exited.. im new to the xs650s, well new to bikes period.. but ive installed a few turbo setups in cars.. this bobber project will be my first ever bike build and just a few weeks ago i was wondering the same? I love BOOST. What Carb are you using? and how much boost do you guys think the stock 650 can handle??

I was thinking about the stock 34 carbs and fabbing a 2into1 style manifold into the turbe inlet. But I have no idea if that's a good idea. I'm still in the dreaming/brain storming period of my build.

my cousin boosted this Yamaha Raptor Quad, i seen the turbo he used, it was pretty small but he said it works really good..ill ask him what kind it was?? he said it starts boosting instantly??

In the early 80's Honda, Yamaha and probably Suzuki and Kawasaki built turbo bikes. the yamaha was a 650 four cylinder. I think the Honda was the same. A little research and you can find out. If you find one, use that turbo.

Yeah but the thing about that is, turbos off the Seca are selling for $300 on evilbay and I already have a starion turbo laying around.

Here are some pic's of the pump I use to transfer the oil from the turbo
back to the engine.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 127
Cowboy what is that oil pump and how much did it cost?
I might use one to feed the oil cooler instead of tapping into the side cover.

Cool, I never thought of using a fuel pump.
I was thinking that if I tapped into the crank case somewhere, front drain plug maybe. Hook the pump up there, pump the oil through a very fine filter, through a cooler then back into the engine. Through a hole tapped into the top of the transmission area of the case. This way the oil would be very well filtered and cooled with out tampering with the stock oiling system.

im working on a turbo xs my self. using a kkk kp35 off a 2003 fiat punto 1.3 diesel. hoping it will spool very early and make about 90hp. blow threw intercooled stock carbs.

Back