Turbofarviknugn build'in sumfin'

OOps I missed one !!!

xs650 re-assembly C.jpg

Spent some time tonight making a reinforcing peice to gu under the fender where the mounting struts go to help secure it and refrain movement.

Also got the fenders and a few other peices in black base, hopefully tomorrow I can start masking for the second color to be applied. :thumbsup:

xs650 fenders in base.jpg

xs 650 paint fun A.jpg

And some gofin around ! :laugh:

OK another installment !

Got my parts masked and sprayed with the second color today. Tomorrow I will go get my gold or silver leaf ( cant decide which ) then to apply and clear.

paint detail b.jpg

paint detail c.jpg

paint detail d.jpg

paint detail e.jpg

:cheers:

WELL after having to get ANOTHER set of forks and powdercoating them, I GOT ME A ROLLER !!!!

Still on the dolly because have to re remove the read wheel to put the sprocket and chain tensioners on, ALSO still have to shorten the KICKSTAND. I put the tank and seat on just to get me an inspirational work desktop photo. Hope you enjoy, BTW the pinstriper comes saturday afternoon !

reassembly A.jpg

:cheers:

OK this weekend did ALOT of cleaning and painting small parts, fabbed up, finished and mounted up my knock off of someone elses exhaust, along with getting it pinstriped. I am ALMOST to my most DREADED part of the build, ELECTRICAL !!

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

xs650 re-assembly E.jpg

xs650 re-assembly G.jpg

xs650 re-assembly I.jpg

xs650 re-assembly H.jpg

pinstriped A.jpg

pinstriped B.jpg

:thumbsup:

Bloke, your flying on this, awesome.

What'd you end up doing with ganging the ground, I'm a bit stuck on this.

THANKS !!!!

I ended up getting a grounding lug from the elect dept at lowes, stripped, and twisted the ground wires together and sodered them, put them in the ground lug and cranked the crap outta the set screw topped off by wraping in elect tape to keep it from touching anything hot on the fuse box.

Well, Got it all together MINUS the front master cylinder which is junk, just bought one from here when it arrives I will be ready for RIDING !!!! Got 2 small oil leaks ONE is from a stripped out tappet cober stud which I will end up using a heil-i-coil, SECOND one is somewhere on the front unsure where. I got the clutch sorted out and took it for its FIRST spin around the neighborhood. MAN it was good to be back on 2 wheels !!

:bike:

Nice looking bike. You did a good job on it.

Seems like alot of us XSers like the VW, and you mentioned DD panel. Here is my '58 at current staus.

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

^ man, I'm envious of both of you.

Turbo is riding to work already on his scoot and plane_ben has the bus of my dreams. Nice rotisserie. That's an impressive project.

great work on the bike, Turbo. It was only a few weeks ago when we met and your bike could not have been in more pieces, spread out all over the garage. bravo!

like you saw, I'm embarrassed to say work on my bike is cruising at a snail's pace since I got the top of my engine back on thanks to your generous head gasket donation. But, I'm scratching my head at this thing now that I've cleared space in my workshop and because I nearly forgot where I left off.

back to the books and forum studying.

avenue.

Back