TX650 side cover question

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at some side covers recently and noticed some differences in the 74 TX650 side covers. So the 73 TX has the early style covers with the bolt at the top. But now looking at the 74's I am seeing a mix. Some have the top bolt while others have the dual hanger brackets like the 75-79 standards. Was this just a mid-model changover deal? Or is this simply a situation where people are mis-identifying the model years? The Blue TX's seem to be the 73 with bolts, while the 74 Cinnemon Brown has the newer style. Can someone help me understand this?

you have it, 73 is TX650, 74 is TX650A and the 73-74 changeover was the most extensive of any two years, a TX and TXA have little in common.
But; a 74 TX650A and a 75 XS650B are nearly identical outside of paint.
:umm: :) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've been looking at some side covers recently and noticed some differences in the 74 TX650 side covers. So the 73 TX has the early style covers with the bolt at the top. But now looking at the 74's I am seeing a mix. Some have the top bolt while others have the dual hanger brackets like the 75-79 standards. Was this just a mid-model changover deal? Or is this simply a situation where people are mis-identifying the model years? The Blue TX's seem to be the 73 with bolts, while the 74 Cinnemon Brown has the newer style. Can someone help me understand this?

Has a lot of information on the differences between the models
https://www.xs650.com/threads/xs650...workshop-manuals-and-other-information.30569/

Last edited:
Back