TX650/XS650D Cross Breed connector question

wwitten

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I've been scanning electrical diagrams for various models with no luck. I'm working on still identifing the bike I've inherited. Its definately an TX650A based upon serial number with a XS650C/D engine based on number. As I'm working on getting to the point of a trial start while removing the gas tank found a six contact plug with five wires Grn/red, Brn, White/red, Orange, & Blk. My best guess is what seems to be refered to as a turn signal cancel relay? Connector is located by coils, turn signal flasher, horn etc. Seems to be part of the master wiring harness. Have tested out lighting, and starting curcuits and all seem to be OK. Any thoughts????????? Thanks:banghead:

Flasher canceling unit has a G/W wire that is the defining colour for that unit. Have you found the wiring diagrams in the tech menu under elrectrical and the first thread.

Yes been through the electrical diagram for various years, have gone through service manual and thats my problem cann't find that color combination. Going out to the garage for the fourth time and will check colors again. Based upon with the PO's have done who know what harness I might have.

It makes no difference if it's not connected to your (probably missing) self cancelling unit ....your left thumb will now be your turn signal canceller and your flasher unit will now be a two wire connection. Thoughts.....ignore it. Proceed with checking out systems. Get a manual, find the right wiring diagram among those in the tech section of the site. likely means your harness is from a late seventies also 1977,78,79. Here's one for the 77 D which shows the connector you mention (bottom center). Blue

Attachments

• wiring diagram  77' D.jpg
    wiring diagram 77' D.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 250
Took a couple of pics that are not so good, but checked wiring..no Grn/white. Will probably just have to undo harness and try to trace back. Wiring diagrams or manuals have not helped. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something major.

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 85
No nothing major, as blue says you don't need that unit connected so it won't affect any thing else

My 75's both had that extra connector. I think it was meant for the self cancler but it wasn't used til 77 or 78. If everything else works right, ignore it.
Leo

Back