UFOs or what?

I am Carbon

shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
What is Your thinking on this subject?
I never seen one. But once I was driving down the freeway no car around any where no overpass. and something fell out of the sky hit my windshield and cracked the it , And scared the crap out of me too. Not a UFO but :laugh:

Yeah Ive seen a couple, saw one just poking up and down around some woods near my place, just up and down, move over down and up, then it took off like lightning. The other one I saw while in the car with my dad, he pointed it out to me, it was just kinda cruising along in the sky, then it took off scary fast. Maby 30 seconds later 2 jets went screaming past in the direction it went. Pretty nifty memories. There is a lot of activity in the carp hills nearby. If you dont believe in them that's fine, I don't care, but I know what I've seen. Also that Kids in the hall skit is brilliant.

Not a ufo story, but a strange one, like the windshield story. I was puttering around my little house in a quiet neighborhood one afternoon and there was a huge explosion. It shook the house bad and the windows were rattling for a second or two afterward. The loudest thing I ever heard. I went outside expecting to see a jet plane stuck in the ground. Everybody in the neighborhood came out and looked around. Nobody ever figured out what it was.

Not a ufo story, but a strange one, like the windshield story. I was puttering around my little house in a quiet neighborhood one afternoon and there was a huge explosion. It shook the house bad and the windows were rattling for a second or two afterward. The loudest thing I ever heard. I went outside expecting to see a jet plane stuck in the ground. Everybody in the neighborhood came out and looked around. Nobody ever figured out what it was.

Anybody in Texas probably remembers this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephenville,_Texas#UFO_sightings

Unrelated to UFOs (maybe :wink2:) I had a very bizarre experience in Big Bend region when I was young. Camping with the fam and heard strange noises late one night..... not your typical animal sounds, but this weird slurping sound. Scared me to death. The next morning there were tracks all over the ground, but not just any tracks. They were shaped like human hand-prints. :wtf:

Weird noises/lights/things flying are common in the "middle of nowhere." Had a family member who lived in Colorado mountains, said they saw crazy UFO stuff a time or two.

Remember here in Arizona back in 1975, there were 3 guys that were up north around Snowflake Az. clearing brush for the government. They went missing for several days. When they finally showed back up they said they had been abducted and taken into a craft. They still give the same story to this day. I think the movie "Fire in the Sky" was about their abduction. Of course they could have just formed a pact and went to Vegas and thats the story they told their wife's when they got back.
jefft

UFO spotted near Devil's Tower. Close encounters with aliens wearing assless chaps reported:

full

I follow the rule that extaordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but there is sure a lot of stuff that make you scratch your head.

For example geologist swear that the erosion on the Great Sphinx is water erosion but there hasn't been any rain there for something like 3000 years before that thing was supposed to have been built. The speculation is that Egyptian civilization in the Nile valley was predated by a much, much older civilization in what is now the Saraha desert but was fertile land "back in the day"

burns, IMHO. You are spot on. The Egyptian civilization looks to have been backwards to every other on our planet. It seems to have started with a very high tech and properous, but as time has gone by has lost the tech and there country to nature and others. Heck the egyptians are a minority in there own country. It is a Arab nation now.

^A few years ago my brother went to see the Egyptian pyramids and came away with the impression that they are so much hype. His opinion is there is nothing there that wasn't easy enough to build, especially considering you have all the slaves you want working under the threat of death, for as long as you want.

I really hate the condition of TV, for example where they hype something where there is actually a good true story if they and the audience had the intelligence for that. Instead of information it's ba-bing ba-bang, did aliens do it, swooosh to a commercial, back up ten minutes go forward five minutes, more weirdness, swooosh to commercial...and on and on.

After von Daniken started the ancient aliens business, people said we've never heard of these places, and they went to have a look and it was just his BS. For example the Nazca lines that were supposed to be only viewable from space are viewable from all around. And they were supposed to be landing strips for alien craft but they are only a few inches wide.

Looking back at TV in the 50s and 60s and things like the Kraft Playhouse and comparing it to today is sad and frightening.

Last edited:
Well, since you asked, I think it's an enormous load of horse shit.

If "aliens" had the technology to cross distances measured in light years, they'd certainly have the technology to visit Earth without being detected.

Right up there with Sasquatch, ghosts, reincarnation and Geraldo Rivera.

Well, since you asked, I think it's an enormous load of horse shit.

If "aliens" had the technology to cross distances measured in light years, they'd certainly have the technology to visit Earth without being detected.

Right up there with Sasquatch, ghostsincarnation and Geraldo Rivera.
===========================================================
Hogwash predates TV by quite a stretch. Not many religions (if any) could stand scientific scrutiny on their versions of "the facts" for example.

I believe that there is a real, scientific argument about a civilization that predates the one in the Nile valley, but it's quite a jump to suggest that it was other-worldly.

BTW modern Egypt is my personal hero country at the moment. Not the Generals, but the people.

I don't know if there is aliens. But the illuminati think they are the descendants of the Anunaki of Nibiru. the Anunaki created modern man acording to the clay tablets left by the sumerians. Also Sumer was the civilazation that predated the egyptian civilization. The translation of the sumerian clay tablets are truly Eye opening. So many stories that are in the bible are in the clay tablets."But with modern twists". The leaders of this Planet Believe there are aliens :shrug:

"Occam's razor", a.k.a. the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness, tells us to select the hypotheses that makes the fewest assumptions. There are many hypothetical explainations that do not require assuming the existence of Non-Earth civilizations.

You know, a couple of years ago a book was found in some Monestary. It was a very old book that had been bleached out and re-used as a prayer book. Scientist were able to recover some of the original writings and were shocked to find that it was written by an ancient Greek mathmatician and had all of the elements needed to make the great leap to Calculus. Newton would not come along to re-invent those advancds for thousands of years after that ancient Greek mathmatician.

Imagine the world we would have today if that culture had continued to flourish. Calculus before the time of Jesus could possibly put all of western civilization a 1000 years ahead of where it is today.

We don't need no stinkin' aliens.

Back