ugly bikes

I did...but I dislike it even more so. I said if I was buying a cruiser it would be the vaquero vulcan. 1700cc....100 foot pounds at 2750rpm. Half bagger with fairing. 5 and 6 gear are both over drives. I pod control on the handle bars. I want the power and wind protection for touring. And I could pull a small trailer for when we camp.

The new bikes work just fine, lots of power, all modern everything. I just think they're ugly, especially Ducks. It's just in what you like.

Ugly bike in the making

Attachments

• bob 1.jpg
    bob 1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 162
  • bob 3.JPG
    bob 3.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 147
Ugly bike in the making
Are those Suzuki marauder shocks? I have a Suzuki marauder, those look the same.
I wanted to lower the back of it, and put on a pair of Suzuki savage shocks. They are a little softer. If they fit a stock xs, it may ride better.

Yes, they are 800 Marauder. I am a big guy at 6'3" and 260lbs. They hold me better than the stock by far and I like the all chrome look.

Nice Air cleaners My Yeats! grin.
Any bike being RIDDEN is better than a static museum piece.

I got the motor back in the frame today. My rotator surgery has held me back 10 weeks so far, but getting better.

About the only new bike I'd be tempted by is the Ducati Scrambler. It's actually fairly small seen close up, low enough seat height for short-arses, fairly light and has a go-anywhere look about it, and even if that look is just a marketing BS-fest, it can easily be made to actually do it, I think.
Problem is, I'm not willing to spend new bike money.

Since this is the ugly bike thread.

00E0E_6INxS59peei_600x450.jpg

On the local CL could be yours for only 1600

I have a fully functioning yamaha 650 cc cruiser bike runs like a champ has 40xxx on it and still killinh it out there just had it painted metallic black amd green

I'm an ugly bike owner, too. This is my Yamaha FZ 07. It's an absolute blast on the back roads and has a couple of similarities with my '75 XS.

Attachments

• 125_0091.jpg
    125_0091.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 125_0099.jpg
    125_0099.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 148
As always, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. BUT I will claim that a Ducati Monster or a 916/996/998 are universally considered very good looking bikes.
I may agree that the Multistrada/ Hyperstrada/Streetfighter are not as great looking, just like a BMW GS, Most KTMs, etc. But all these bikes put function before looks.
In my book, 99% of japanese cruisers and Harleys, as well as most hardtailed XSes etc. just look SHIT anyway. Some dudes idea of "cool" and "style" creating poor ergonomics and handling, basically.
If looking for a new bike with classic looks, light weight, decent handling and power, check out the Ducati Scrambler. Way lighter than any other retro bike, and as powerful as a Ninja 650/ FZ 07/ etc. A Harley Sportster becomes a joke in comparison......

Sportster....wanted one. Lifted on off the sidestand....how can a bike barely bigger tha. My xs650 weigh sooooo much more.....and be so sloooowww in 883....

Downeaster - Later-model Viragos have a low seat height - after reading your post, I measured mine (a '94 XV1100, but 750's have same frame) up on its centerstand at 29", so wheels-on-ground would be about 26". Nobody thinks they're "pretty" bikes, but they're torquey, smooth-running and long-lasting - the engine was carried over into the Star line that succeeded Viragos with little change. If you can find one, it might be worth having her swing a leg over it, just to see how it fits.

Last edited:
Back