unusual logo on Early Front Caliper ??

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
image3.jpeg

Has anyone ever seen this logo on an early front caliper? Otherwise seems completely correct and unmolested, right down to the patina on both the caliper and the logo, and the yellow paint dot on the lower right bolt head.

Go to "Yamaha - History of Logo"
Explanation of varying styles and uses.
Good catch!

Thanks for the response. I know a little bit about the tuning fork logo. My question is, has anyone ever seen it on an early caliper? Every early caliper I have ever seen has "YAMAHA" written on it with a red circle around it on an aluminum background. Here's an aftermarket sticker replacement:
s-l225.jpg

Giving this one more try. Thanks.

View attachment 130977
Has anyone ever seen this logo on an early front caliper? Otherwise seems completely correct and unmolested, right down to the patina on both the caliper and the logo, and the yellow paint dot on the lower right bolt head.

Went through every thing i had and looked up RD's TX/XS500's, TX750's and nothing. This is brochures and as many pics as i could find.......They were all had the "Yamaha" Writing on the calipers.??????

Thank you, I appreciate your efforts. I've had many pass through my hands, and I've looked at many on eBay over the years, and I also have never seen it. It's a weird one...

Looks like the outer edges where "cut" from a sheet or something and appear to be uneven. My guess is at some point it was added to cover a fallen off or worn out stock one.

With bikes as old as these are now anything is possible. It's very hard to find one that's untouched.

s-l1600a.jpg

So, I just wanted to apologize for wasting everyone's time on this. As the light reflections on the aluminum background show, the tell for OEM early caliper emblems is that they are burnished in a circular pattern. My tuning fork emblem is not.

Back