Vale 650rider???????

yamaman

xs650 addict
Reaction score
G'day guys & girls, I'm Mark & I'm an addict!
Not only addicted to the mighty XS, but I've become quite addicted to these forums. The bike I ride while I'm working I guess!

I've been over at 650rider for quite a while, and enjoyed my almost daily fix there. Not sure what's happening there at the mo, it appears to have gone the way of the Dodo........It's a shame, lots of good info there. I hope it comes back. But time to try and reduce my dependence over there anyway!

I hope I can contribute in some way here, as well as pick your fine minds as the need arises.

Cheers, Mark in Oz

- why arent you out there getting ready to party Mark?...my mates in adelaide are already muntered
- have a happy one

Yeah, thanks....hour & a half to midnight here......Sadly I'm working till 7.00am

Happy new year to everybody! Cheers

Hey Mark, welcome to the site!

The information on 650 rider is not lost. It'll resurface in one form or another. Even if the whole site was pulled or crashed, he's still got weekly backups that could be used to save the information. He might just be having some complications switching hosting or servers or something. I'm sure it would have been nice for a heads up though so that whole community wasn't left in the dark about everything that's going on.

Anyway! Happy new year for you guys! And happy new years eve to everyone else! :cheers:

G'day guys & girls, I'm Mark & I'm an addict!

-mate, we can help you...the 12 steps...

1. We admitted we were powerful - that our lives had become better​

2. Came to believe that no horsepower greater than ours could rob us of sanity​

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of XS650 as we understood Her​

4. Made a searching and fearless immoral inventory of ourselves​

5. Admitted to XS650, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our passions​

6. We're entirely ready to have XS650 enhance all these defects of character.​

7. Humbly asked Her to remove others shortcomings​

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to those we still find sexy​

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would cause them or others to have power over us​

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were right promptly admitted it​

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with XS650 as we understood Her, praying only for knowledge of Her will for us and the horsepower to carry that out​

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs​

...abused, with liberty, from AA, who i think do a wonderful job

Nice one INXS!

G'day fella's, as i have Geralds (Russo's) email address, I quizzed him a few times on what is happening, finally He responded:

me: Hey Russo, what's the story with the site, is it coming back?

Gerald: yes - the dam hosting firm ( the company I help build before I was laid off) has done a reset for the new year with all hosting plans. 650rider should have been outside that but it was not
they really suck as a company once the investors took over
I'm working on moving it to go daddy

Cheers yamaman

Just a sidenote, I wasn't aware of this site till just the other day, it's a well set up site, with some great members! So no matter what happens with 650rider, I'm afraid you'll be stuck with me hanging around here for quite some time! Cheers

He might just be having some complications switching hosting or servers or something. I'm sure it would have been nice for a heads up though so that whole community wasn't left in the dark about everything that's going on.

So my prediction was correct! I'll still be interested to see what happens to the site once it's sold.

Copy that twins, good to see you found your way here!

Looks like maybe 650motorcycles.com forum might have gone the same way as 650rider. They hadn't had much traffic there for a while.....None there now! The last post I read there was having a crack at Paul Beuret for not coming clean on his host of unsatisfied customers........And whether the "new owner" Aaron was a new owner or a new screen name!
That post also pointed out that previous threads questioning the integrity of "PaulSales" aka Paul Beuret had been obliterated from the forum.......Pretty weak stuff by all accounts......
Paul has reportedly been very ill, and if so I wish him well. But he's done nothing to appease those (aka those who have paid thousands of dollars in good faith) that deserve to know something about what's going on! Now the plugs been pulled on the forum (with a new owner don't forget)....Very fishy

About two to three years ago,I was having a conversation with a very reputable XS enthusiast,no names and was asked if I've heard any rumors of a certain party who received money from abroad for XS parts and what not and those parties overseas never received their merchandise they ordered and were apparently ignore after several inquiries of shipping dates. Sick or not Paul Bertant has an obligation to all parties who have trusted him with their hard earned money to come clean has to what's going on. Hiding and not having the balls to come forth to set the facts straight only spells one thing to me. I fill sorry for those who trusted this man that lead them to getting screwed by a man who had a strong bond in our community and to think I used to speak highly of this man or was it Bob who always answered my emails:umm:

Back