Valve - Guide O-Ring

carkom

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought mikes gasket set. The o-ring set comes with something called "4pc. Valve - Guide O-Ring 1.5 x 14.5 # 93210-15151". Where do these go? I didn't pull any o-rings off the valve guide so I have no clue where they go, maybe the PO forgot to re-install them. Pictures are always helpful. Thanks!

The valve stem seals? On top of the valve guides. Push them on before installing valves. What year is your bike? My former 73 was missing them when I tore it down. Never had any problems with it associated with missing valve seals, though. I installed them when I put it back together.

The o-rings go on the valve guides before they're pressed into the heads. They help seal them into the head. Most of us don't use those o-rings because we don't take the guides out of the heads. The guides only need to come out if they're bad and need replacing.

If you go to one of the online parts sellers, I like boats.net and look through the parts fiches you will find the parts in a pic and the list gives you the factory part number for the part. The #93210-15151 is the factory number. It's in the list.
Those o-rings go on the valve guides when you replace the valve guides.
They seal the valve guide to the head.
Leo

Back