Vancouver b.c.

im looking for some carb cones made like this
l, and maybe more
velocity%20stack.jpg

yeah velocity from a triumph i think
but i want too fit something like this to my bike

I just googled xs650 velocity stacks and got lots of hits. Buying a pair would be way cheaper than making them and maybe getting the angles & dimensions wrong.

I just bought a small mig welder. I haven't unboxed it yet and I haven't welded anything since high school nearly 40 years ago. I will likely start a bit of welding on my frame early in January if I don't burn the house down first. Are you feeling lucky ?

did you try the welder ? any luck ?

did you try the welder ? any luck ?

Luck ? No. But I did try some welding :) As expected, not having done any sort of welding for 40 years really took its toll on what little skill that I started with. Thank goodness for angle grinders. The parts will stay together; for a while anyway. Part of my problem was that the setting on the helmet was way too dark and I couldn't see a damn thing. I really need to spend a little bit of practice time with it. But, I have so little requirement at the moment that even the practice runs may not stay with me for long. I managed to fabricated and weld in the three pieces to my street tracker project that were of immediate need and with a bit of grinding in the right places, and being hidden by other parts, they're acceptable. I problem with using the angle grinder indoors is that it makes a hell of a mess. I'll just keep puttering / sputtering along.

im sure it will come back to you once you get the right gear
i just wish i had that space too work on mine. i think im going too just buy a frame already hardtailed so i just have to do swap over but ill still have a few little mounting points ill need too weld.

Hey guys,
I'm from Vancouver area too, nice to see some other 650s are out there. I'm putting my bike under the knife pretty quick here, just got my brat kit from visual impact :)
As soon as my compressor is plumbed and I borrow my buddies welder i"ll be choppin' it up :D
Word of advise, I learned welding for my Auto Collision Ticket, you want to be sure you know what you are doing before you weld anything too important, and a decent size welder is a must, otherwise you'll get a smooth surface but no penetration on your slugs (which you definitely need to do)!

Cheers

First bike ever. I've sliced and diced a lot of cars from pretty much ever genre of aftermarket performance, but never a bike.

An ode to my longest running car genre love, 40s and 50s hot rods. Black with white scallops, red spoke wheels and whitewalls. Picked up a 50cal ammo can for an electrical box and looking for a tank that will fit the feel for the bike.
Oh yah and some bars too. Drag bars probably, I'm tall for this bike so it won't be too much reach.
Other then that, simple is the name of the game and the usual xs upgrades (charging, Pamco Ignition etc.)

You?

so far clubman bars , pod filters , chop exhaust ,
i'm getting my lights next week and side mount license plate , then ill run it and get all the bugs worked out , then ill buy a frame and swap everything over , but i'm looking for a very clean look hidden wires , im looking too do the small switches on the bars , and inverted break and cluch leavers. but thats a long long way off

I've been eyeing some clubman bars to run upside down, seems like a good set up for me. If your looking for a clean look I would suggest taking a crack at the electrical, I don't know about yours but mine is a total mess. I sourced out some wiring for trailers from Princess Auto: 1.99/ft for 14g 6 wire harnesses. That definitely seems like the way I am going to go, my ocd will not let me leave the wiring alone.

yeah the clubman are nice i flipped mine.

my electrics do work as of right now
i just have to put these lights on it
and license plate

41-BTtBQscL.jpg

and i found come simple control switches on embay i think they would clean up the bars big time
Picture 2.png

have you ever seen anyone run reverse leavers ?
Innenzughebel gerade.jpg

Back