Vincent Power

Jack

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for British Iron but this video really slams the icing on the cake to never under estimate the power of a Vincent. I don't know how many of you who've actually seen a Vincent in person but the twin sound will bring a wetness :D

Does anybody in the UK know Robert Broom ? he sprints an xs with a best time of 11.87, be interesting to know whats in his engine:thumbsup:

bit of a dumb question really with a population of 50 million:doh:

Last edited:
I do. Ive seen him race his 750 at a few NSA meetings. He lives less than 30 miles from me..

I really like these bikes. I've first seen videos about Vincent on Jay Leno's garage website. They were ahead of their time technologically. Their sound is unique, I would like to see one in person someday.

I have been lucky enough to of seen plenty of Vincents, use to get several turn up at our local weekly bike meet, just never realised some people abroad have never seen one in the flesh.
I guess we all sometimes take for granted what is on our doorstep. I live about 8 miles from Stevenage in the UK here they were originally built

Your in Herts Kev? My mate in Berko has two , theres another two here in Aylesbury & one in Wing and at least half a dozen within 30 miles of here here ...Strange the Yanks dont see them , I thought they bought most of them !

Hi XS1961
Yes Im in Herts, Letchworth Garden City, only famous for the being the 1st garden city??? & the countries 1st roundabout!
Aint seen to many around here, saw most of them down south, my origins, big meet every wednesday at Alton, Hants & before the police crack down Oldiham

Ah ! Ive been there once(Alton) used to have a bird who lived in Borden ( a close neighbour to heather Angel the photographer) small world !
I know Letchworth well too, I go through it at least once a month on my way to Duxford or Norwich (relatives!)
At the VMCC do at Stanford Hall there mustve been 20+ Vincents last year..I see nearly that many at the Manx Grand Prix Isle of Man each year too ..
I rode my mates Rapide a few years ago and I wasnt impressed, heavy , clunky old crate, over-rated in my opinion , good as an investment ,not as a useable bike !

Last edited:
I really like these bikes. I've first seen videos about Vincent on Jay Leno's garage website. They were ahead of their time technologically. Their sound is unique, I would like to see one in person someday.

About ten years ago I went to the Blue Moon in Atlanta,Ga for a BMW swap meet and this gent had one in mint condition for show,just absolutely beautiful and oh my that thunderous exhaust tone was music to thy old ears:yikes:

One of the best looking vincents I've seen, racing in WA

Perhaps not the picture didn't come:banghead:

Attachments

• P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 219
- i do like these...

VincentCafe-racer.jpg

- but, im thinking about building a couple kinda like this for my sons when i retire

Vincent_Cafe_Racer.jpg

Last spring a rider rode his Vincent from Minneapolis to the Slimey Crud Run (google it, it's a pretty cool event) west of Madison WI. I'm guessing that it was a 700+ mile ride. You see a lot of interesting machines at the Crud Run.

Back