Vintage Type Tires

Lots of great tips guys,
Wish I had more tire wisdom....
If I choose to run 19" front and back on my bike I am having trouble finding 19" rears that I like. Hmmm maybe the tracker guys will know.....

Hey guys,

SR owner here, but I lurk here sometimes. I just got some Heidenau K34s in for my tracker build (4.00x19). These are speed rated to 130mph and come in two compounds- a harder street compound and a soft race compound that AHRMA racers use. They also have a DOT #. Here are some pics of them mounted and side-by-side with a 110/90-18 tire. They're not as wide as a modern d.t. tire, but are replicas of what was used before those tires came on the scene in the late 70s/early 80s (with updated construction). I pinched the tube on the one mounted to the chrome wheel, so it's deflated in the picture, but you get the idea.

Cheers,
Bob

Attachments

• photo (85).jpg
    photo (85).jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 291
  • photo (84).jpg
    photo (84).jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 275
  • photo (87).jpg
    photo (87).jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 712
I run Dunlop K70's on my 1969 Triumph. And I am using them on my current build. They handle great for the level of power and performance these machines put out.

drewfunk,

I can't find them in that size, so you may be correct. I know the soft 4x19s were priced liked that. Here is how the 4x19s look on my bike (it's not done, but you get the idea). They're tall, and are not 'a treaded road race' tire like they became starting the in the late 70s/early 80s, but they might look the part on certain vintage builds.

Attachments

• photo (100).jpg
    photo (100).jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 246
Back