voltage regulator?

Keegan

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I got question for you guys. I pick up panco petes ignition and coil from mikes xs and the after market voltage rectifier from Mikes too. And I'm also using tc chopper bros 1970 to 1979 wiring harness. I need a voltage regulator now and I don't have the old one. Does anyone know if there is a off the shelf one I could use, that would work well with no tuning?

Your building a custom bike...why not the Radio Shack/ Chrysler mod? Not expensive and works!

The Chrysler/radio shack reg/rec mod is ugly and ugly. Not to mention it is ugly. Bulky and akward as well, and ugly too.

The Chrysler/radio shack reg/rec mod is ugly and ugly. Not to mention it is ugly. Bulky and akward as well, and ugly too.
that may be a function of your fabrication skills :laugh: mine looks fine and tucked away who's going to see it? and I've got one more post than you james :thumbsup:

Instead of buying a custom wiring harness, build one. It's not hard and then you can use a later model combo reg/rec or the Chrysler reg/Radio Shack rec. The only thing extra you need is three nylon screws.
A guy on Ebay sells the screws $5 per four. Chrysler reg $17, Radio Shack Parts $6.58. Time to wire and mount another $5. Your old harness has most of the wires you need for a rewire. The parts stores the rest.
You cab do it your self. in a few hours to a day or two.
Search the wireing diagram threads and read up on the charging system upgrades.
Do it your self and save the money you would have spent on $5 worth of wire and put it on the Pamco.
Leo

that may be a function of your fabrication skills :laugh: mine looks fine and tucked away who's going to see it? and I've got one more post than you james :thumbsup:

I guess on a stock bike you could hide the ugly under the plastic covers, but this thing looks like crap in open air.
btw free if anyone wants it
1306713135.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea if this will work on a 76, also any chance you have the rest of the parts? Might cost more to ship than buy local

yeah for canada it is about 13 bucks to ship. If your bike has a seperate rectifier and regulator, this will just replace the regulator.

State side the post office has pay one price boxes. Anything that fits in the box goes for one price. That reg will fit in the $6.95 box. I think they have $4.95 box it may fit in.
Check at the post office.
With that and $6.58 in Radio Shack Parts and your bike will charge better than it ever has.
Leo

Back