Voodoo Vintage: MK6 is here!

voodoo

Custom CNC Plasma
Reaction score
MK6B_POSTER.jpg

:( Some of us have had our IP's banned from facebook and can not gain access to it any longer... ok, probably just me. How dare I express personal/political opinions that differs from what the facebook team deems "acceptable" in a "free country".

Any chance we could get access to those pics outside facebook?

:( Some of us have had our IP's banned from facebook and can not gain access to it any longer... ok, probably just me. How dare I express personal/political opinions that differs from what the facebook team deems "acceptable" in a "free country".

Any chance we could get access to those pics outside facebook?

Which pictures are you referring to Brother...?

I'll put all the new photos and videos on my blog which is on my site very soon. Otherwise, you could just make a new Facebook account with a different gmail account and voila!

-Jon
Monstercraftsman.com

Just read the dotheton.com posts. What a bunch of whiny doushbags. That willow bike was a total rip off of more than a dozen other bikes to begin with. Not that anyone of those guys would ever know what Parallel thought or creation is.

Keep up the good work Voodoo! I might have to get one of these from you one of these days.

BTW your bike frame looks much better than the "willow bike's"
willow_profile_small.jpg

I'll put all the new photos and videos on my blog which is on my site very soon. Otherwise, you could just make a new Facebook account with a different gmail account and voila!

-Jon
Monstercraftsman.com

Thanks!

I tried to make a new facebook account with a newly created email addy... It was denied. I'm pretty sure they either blocked my IP address or my machines ID name. I was sent an email stating that if I turned in my name, address, and phone # they would have someone "contact me"... :laugh:

Once again Voodoo Vintage you make a stellar looking product that you can be proud of! Looks great! I did read through the thread over on dotheton.com. I think they are getting a little bent out of shape for nothing... There are plenty of frames (as you mention that have similar lines).

A+++ job Voodoo

Thank you guys! Brother- I've had some IP problems with Facebook in the past. They had to enable (or disable) something on their end. Keep at 'em and I'm sure someone will contact you soon!

I can't believe those guys on DTT are so riled up about this. Do they not know that most of their bikes look the same. Or is that only okay if you build "cafe" racers. And I use the term "build" very loosely. Although, there are some really talented guys over there.

I don't really see much about your frame that looks like Troy's. The similarities aren't original to him either. He's not the first person ever to do curved backbones with under mount tanks and curved tail sections. Really, if you stripped his down to the frame, they look nothing alike. To me, yours flows better.

I can't believe they feel justified about this. If you took all of their bikes, stripped them down to bare frames and tossed them in a pile, most of those guys wouldn't be able to find theirs. Because they all look the same.

Keep doing what you're doing. Your frames look good and your welds are AWESOME!

Here's the scoop on why a very small number of people over at DTT got vocal about it.

Troy is one of our longest standing members, and is about as passionate about the 'art' of motorcycling as anyone can be. He literally spent days on end bending grey plastic conduit into different shapes using the sun to cast a silhouette of the resulting arcs and lines onto a white sheet in his yard, which is how he designed much of the frame.

If you look closely at his frame, you won't see any welds. It's not because it's full of bondo - it's because he filled the welds and ground/filed/sanded them all perfectly smooth before he painted the frame.

He hand crafted the tank, hand bent every tube, did all the copper pipe work, wired it up from scratch etc. etc. etc., and this was all done to a bike he had already done once before, just not to this level.

Troy does this for the sake of doing it, not as a commercial venture. He makes no money at it.

And on top of his sheer passion and talent, he's about the nicest most genuine guy you'd ever care to meet who would go out of his way and often does to help anyone needing a hand.

Troy has spent years bringing his bike to completion, through a couple versions, and has documented every step of his journey, sharing it with his numerous close friends on DO THE TON.

Hopefully you can understand why a few of his closest friends reacted in the way they did, in many cases over-reacting and becoming quite defensive/accusatory etc. I've reached out to David myself as the guy who keeps DO THE TON online and tries to maintain as open and friendly an atmosphere as possible. With luck I'm going to be a customer of David's for an XS650 I'm building to take to Bonneville this coming August.

We all get into heated discussions and debates, and this one escalated in the way that online discussions can. Had we all been sitting at a bar, we likely would have had it out in 5 minutes and been buying each other rounds for the rest of the night.

I hope we're at that point now :)

Thank you for chiming in Tim! We've all had the passionate debate from time to time and there are no long-term hard feelings over here. I hope Troy is at rest as well.

Just to let you know, if my wife wouldn't beat the $hit out of me... I'd do this work for free as well! I LOVE what I do and I'm very passionate about it as well. And not just for the course of a single project. We're talking about an entire market that I'm passionate about! I love seeing these guys taking my frames and mounting antique relics and home-brew contraptions making every build "their own"!

I work very closely with every customer. I answer the phone every chance I get but ALWAYS respond to email! I treat my customers as if it were MY money they were spending! I work LONG LONG hours... I've cut off fingers and had them re-attached over the past two years... I burn myself almost nightly! I change designs - change designs - change designs - until it's a perfect fit, it's safe, and it's affordable to the end user. It's not an easy task balancing beauty and production. Most people can make ONE thing beautifully... Or they can make TWO HUNDRED things that bite ass! It's not easy cranking out multiple items with consistency and beauty at a production rate.

I'm sorry I got my feather's ruffled over there on DTT, but I feel like total credit for our new product was being jerked out from under us despite the years of discipline that have gone into what we have today...

It's all cool and I hope to make some great friends over at DTT! They're witty and sharp. Sometimes it cuts, but the long term benefit is worth the bruises!

Peace to everyone over there man!

Either way cool product I don't think that it was a 'direct copy'. I understand the other guy put a lot of hard work and time into doing his bike, bending emt so he can see the sihloutte. You can't discount the work and development that was done by Voodoo either. His shop is turning out some awesome frames.

You look at bikes from Roger Goldhammer and there is elements in the design that can be found in the MK6 frame. So why isn't Goldhammer all over this? I'm sure he is just as dedicated to building his bikes.

The frames lines are not identical. Seat mounting is completely different and there is no upsweat on the Voodoo frame. This alone changes the lines of the frame COMPLETELY. Thats like saying a rigid frame from Paughco is the same as a frame from David Bird because they both have single down tubes and seat supports in the same place. David Bird copied everything!!! :yikes:

Whatever sorry for continuing this I just don't see how two frames that aren't the same can stir up so much shit. Lets all be buds!:shrug:

Just how am I going to get one of these into the UK without paying the approx 28% in taxes, in bits in a suitcase?

Dam, that's another nice frame and perfect for what I want to build next.

Nice work and congrats on bringing such a nice design to the open market.

With luck I'm going to be a customer of David's for an XS650 I'm building to take to Bonneville this coming August.

It's all cool and I hope to make some great friends over at DTT! They're witty and sharp. Sometimes it cuts, but the long term benefit is worth the bruises!

Peace to everyone over there man!

You two should start talking to each other about a mutually beneficial opportunity, Tim needs a frame for Bonneville, Voodoo's got a frame, Tim's Bonneville trip has the potential to generate quite a bit of web based interest due to DTT's approximately 13,500 members and close links with a number of reasonably influencial blogs, web sites etc, positive exposure is usually good for a business, going to Bonneville hasn't hurt Lowbrow any.

Sounds to me like the bare bones of a potential joint venture - Voodoo sponsored XS650 Bonneville racer anyone? Just an idea

Back