Voodoo Vintage: SUICIDE frame for Mr. David Roberts!!!

Did you have any luck finding a shock to try?

Not yet. I've found some "retail" sources, but I'm trying to find a wholesale source that I don't have to purchase $5000 worth of shocks at one time...

The specs look right on the money though...

Thank you again for the source! :thumbsup:

What TIG welder are you using? I am getting ready to buy a TIG welder and was wondering what you were using.

Jim,

We are using an Everlast Power I-TIG 200. It's a DC only with ramping up/down, adjustable pre and post flow. And get this... PULSE BABY!!! Ever priced a Miller or Lincoln with pusle?

I was a little skeptical when I first purchased my first Everlast unit over two years ago, but I have been nothing but pleased with every Everlast unit I've owned. I've used their 250DX (controls like a jet airplane!), their Power MIG with pulse technology. And recently I purchased the Power I-TIG 200 because it can be moved around the shop easily and the controls aren't quite as complicated as their top-end model.

Service has been the best I've ever experienced with an equipment company. They are based out of California and have four service techs that are all right here in the States! Mike, Steve, Mark, etc... I have all of their personal cell phone numbers!!!

I've only had one issue- The power switch on my Cadillac TIG went bad. They ripped one off a new machine and had it at my doorstep in five days. No charge! Every unit they have sports a full 5 year warranty!!!

The Power I-TIG retails for about $650. Call them and talk to them yourself... You'll be impressed! :thumbsup:

That is actually right in my price range. I was looking at the AC/DC pulse TIGs but I don't know how much aluminum welding I would do. A DC pulse TIG sounds like the way to go. :)

That is actually right in my price range. I was looking at the AC/DC pulse TIGs but I don't know how much aluminum welding I would do. A DC pulse TIG sounds like the way to go. :)

I tugged that huge 250DX around the shop for over a year and NEVER did any aluminum work with it... The thing is the size of a filing cabinet and took up about as much space as my blasting cabinet! Damn!

Anyway, If you get the I-TIG 200, I can assure you will be more than happy with it and their service. It's definitely worth every penny!

Glad to hear the glowing report. With all the welders on the market it is hard to tell which ones are good and which ones are not so good. Right now I have a Lincoln 225 AC stick welder and a Miller 210 Mig. Both of those welders are fantastic and I feel it's time for a TIG. Can't wait, thanks. :)

Glad to hear the glowing report. With all the welders on the market it is hard to tell which ones are good and which ones are not so good. Right now I have a Lincoln 225 AC stick welder and a Miller 210 Mig. Both of those welders are fantastic and I feel it's time for a TIG. Can't wait, thanks. :)

Yeah... Hang on to that 225 AC Lincoln! If you ever need to weld aluminum, just throw your torch (with manual gas valve) over to your AC welder, hook up your argon, and go to town!

Yeah... Hang on to that 225 AC Lincoln! If you ever need to weld aluminum, just throw your torch (with manual gas valve) over to your AC welder, hook up your argon, and go to town!

Never thought of doing that! Heck ya, I have really not had much need for aluminum welding but it is nice to have that option. Looks like you can do DC stick welding with that TIG welder you have. :thumbsup: Man if I get that TIG I believe I will be able to handle anything that would come my way. :D

Never thought of doing that! Heck ya, I have really not had much need for aluminum welding but it is nice to have that option. Looks like you can do DC stick welding with that TIG welder you have. :thumbsup: Man if I get that TIG I believe I will be able to handle anything that would come my way. :D

I've actually never used the stick welding function, but there is an ARC FORCE control on the unit that is suppose to work similar to "ramping up and down" like you would with the TIG. I hear it's great!

Here's a shot of the LONE WOLF frame underneath the seat-post. Lot's of traffic going on there. That's the Power I-TIG at work...

IMG_8051.jpg

Here's a shot of the head tube...

IMG_8052.jpg

Sorry about the soot- Haven't brushed it yet... But you can see the machines capability here!

Here's a shot of the LONE WOLF frame underneath the seat-post. Lot's of traffic going on there. That's the Power I-TIG at work...

IMG_8051.jpg

Here's a shot of the head tube...

IMG_8052.jpg

Sorry about the soot- Haven't brushed it yet... But you can see the machines capability here!
Man that is beautiful! Did you use much filler rod doing that?

I use 3/32 ER if any... Most fit-ups are tight enough for a fusion weld, but I still like to show a little "bead" for the customer...

Tasty looking welds there! Nice to see something different. Can I just buy the front half ? HA would love a Bratstyle single down tube frame.

Not yet. I've found some "retail" sources, but I'm trying to find a wholesale source that I don't have to purchase $5000 worth of shocks at one time...

The specs look right on the money though...

Thank you again for the source! :thumbsup:

Were you able to get a shock on Ebay?

Back