Voodoo Vintage: the XS650 LONE WOLF frame is in production!

voodoo

Custom CNC Plasma
Reaction score
Greetings lads and lassies!

Just wanted to post some photos of our new LONE WOLF frame currently in production. We just got the new shop set up and are filling SEVEN orders of the frame as fast as we can!

The CAD frame design was very meticulous and resulted in a flawless assembly with only a couple small gussets having to be re-designed!

Here's some eye candy...

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8025.jpg

And hey... Doesn't everybody have that "guy" that stops by and takes a nap in the middle of your shop??? :wtf:

IMG_8026B.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

Believe it or not... THIS was the only gusset that needed to be re-designed!

IMG_8028.jpg

Clean fit on the axle plates! The angle calculation was darn near PERFECT! :thumbsup:

IMG_8030.jpg

Love the lines!

IMG_8031.jpg

Neck cups pressed on nicely as well!

IMG_8033.jpg

And a final shot of my "Quality Control Inspector"! I could hardly hear my grinder from all the snoring!!!

IMG_8034.jpg

The Plans:

lonewolf_01.png

Comments / Critiques ? :twocents:

Liking how the tank is slim and incorporated into the top tube like a board tracker.

A board-tracker is exactly what we had in mind... with just a little "softening" to the design. I like the "boxy" look of the vintage board tracker as well and fully intend on developing a frame that is reminiscent of the old "Excelsior" and "Grudge" bikes...

Is it me or are those gaps in the gussets kind of big? Great looking frame but I think I would want a tighter fit.

Is it me or are those gaps in the gussets kind of big? Great looking frame but I think I would want a tighter fit.

We all like a tighter fit! :D

We've taken your comment into consideration and are currently fixing the problem...

construction.jpg

:laugh: Seriously though...

This frame is for Jon at Monstercraftsman and he will be replacing the gussets with Bronze!

Since he's replacing all the gussets, the intent of Jon's build is to fine-tune all the measurements to ensure a "tighter fit" on all future builds. Gaps aren't critical on this particular build and we used the "out-of-shape" gusset instead of wasting a perfectly fine component. I assure you that all FULL builds will have great tight-fitting gussets! :thumbsup:

Haha love that pic.

I'm not sure what the guy on the far left is doing... I believe he's acting as a micrometer to measure the total movement based on his friend's ass position...

It's a very precise technique that OCC has perfected over the years...

Do you have gas tanks available yet? Will they be sold with the frames being that they go together? I would imagine finding a tank to fit might be difficult. I've been following these frames and I'm still interested.

Do you have gas tanks available yet? Will they be sold with the frames being that they go together? I would imagine finding a tank to fit might be difficult. I've been following these frames and I'm still interested.

Seems like no one on the outside is in a hurry...

We have designs submitted for bids from four different press facilities here and overseas. It's been over six weeks now and have not received ANY numbers yet!

We would shape them ourselves, but we're looking for absolute consistency here. We're also trying to keep these things in a "realistic" price range.

In the mean time... I have a guy here in town that fabbed a set of flat side tanks for his salt-racer that would work damn nice. Let me see if I can dig up the thread and I'll provide a link.

Like your frame jig, especially the ability for it to rotate the entire assembly. Would make access a lot better for welding out the joints etc...

Like your frame jig, especially the ability for it to rotate the entire assembly. Would make access a lot better for welding out the joints etc...

You aint kidding man!!! I'll never build another jig that isn't a rotisserie! Not only helps out-of-position welding, but also works great for checking linear alignment on the sides! Just flip it 90 degrees either direction and whip out your level... :thumbsup:

Man I love this frame! I am leaning very hard towards one. Can I send you my neck tube and have you build a frame off it? Also I was wondering if you did custom lengths? Man I would have to clean up my engine before putting it in that frame. I'm afraid if I didn't it would take away from it's clean look. Very nice! :thumbsup:

Man I love this frame! I am leaning very hard towards one. Can I send you my neck tube and have you build a frame off it? Also I was wondering if you did custom lengths? Man I would have to clean up my engine before putting it in that frame. I'm afraid if I didn't it would take away from it's clean look. Very nice! :thumbsup:

Absolutely! I build frames around existing neck tubes all the time. Save you a ton of headache down the road!!!

I can increase the stretch and rake to a point. Some length can be added at the goose neck as well.

I'm booked until about mid January, but let me know when you're ready and I can fix you up man!

Happy Holidays!

Subscribing... Any pricing info?

Posted via Mobile

Sounds good to me on the time line. It looked like to me that this frame was around stock length, I would like to go 3 to 4 inches longer. Also I was curious on the rake? Is this a steeper rake than stock? Thanks.

Sounds good to me on the time line. It looked like to me that this frame was around stock length, I would like to go 3 to 4 inches longer. Also I was curious on the rake? Is this a steeper rake than stock? Thanks.

Actually, it's 2-1/2" stretched, 2" dropped, and 38 degree rake. Quite modified! From the bottom neck tube to rear axle is 47".

OK. I was trying to measure my frame from your drawing and it looked like it was about the same. Hard to measure by myself LOL. Do you go with a deposit or do you want payment up front? The reason I want a longer frame is I am a big guy. Right now my bike is a close to stock Special with the step seat and the pull back handlebars. I feel like a monkey on a football. :)

Subscribing... Any pricing info?

Posted via Mobile

The LONE WOLF frame is $825 plus around $150 shipping lower 48.

It is currently available at MONSTERCRAFTSMAN.com but are in production and is on back-order through mid January.

We do accept requests for custom modifications or specification (to a point).

Back